Headlight wire harness FJ60 and FJ62 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just a heads up, I was comparing the wire diagram of a 89 Pickup and it looks the same as a FJ60. I believe this is the same for all the 89-95 Pickups and 90-95 4Runners. May also cover other years.

Looking into upgrading my headlights from sealed beam to H4 on '74 FJ40.
Interesting in this harness. Is it still available? Shipping to Canada?

slcfj62 said:
Yep, still available. Shipping to Canada is $25.

PMed you.

I just wanted to add to this thread with my experience with Erik's harness. I installed the Standard Harness in my 60 about a month ago. At the same time, I installed these Bosch H4 housings with some 55W/100W H4 bulbs. Bosch H4 Housings at Busdepot.com

First off, the ordering process through Wagon Gear was easy, and I promptly received a reply from Erik thanking me for my order. He also informed me that he was out of stock on some of the wire he used, and that there would be a slight delay. I was a little bummed out about this, as I had a big trip planned, and was worried that I wouldn't have the harness in time. At this point, Erik went out of his way to figure out another solution, and promptly got my harness built and shipped. I couldn't be more grateful to him for doing that! :clap:

When I received the harness, I was immediately impressed with the quality. All of the connections were very well done, and all of the materials were high quality. Overall, it just felt like a very nice piece of equipment.

The install was super easy. Mount the relays, run the bundled/sheathed wires, make three connections at the headlight plugs, and then make the two connections to the battery. Done in 30 minutes, tops.

The light output with the new harness and new lights is absolutely incredible! The low beams are probably a 1.5-2X improvement over stock, which is impressive considering they're the same wattage. And then there's the high beams - wow. No joke, 2-3X improvement due to the considerably higher wattage, and the ability of the harness to provide them with plenty of clean power.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much of all this is directly attributed to the harness, and how much directly attributed to the lights. No matter, I believe that these two mods just go hand in hand, and there's really no point to doing one without the other (especially doing new lights without the harness!).

Anyway, long story short - dealing with Erik was a pleasure, the quality of the harness is great, and I honestly couldn't be happier about the whole process! Thanks again, Erik!

-Neil

* Side note about the H4 housings linked to above - they are awesome as well. They have a very nice cutoff at the top of the beam, with a slight kick-up to the cutoff on the right side to illuminate more of the side of the road that doesn't have traffic. The quality is very nice, as you would expect of German-made Bosch products.

thanks!

As the new owner of an 85 LC, and a first time poster in this forum, I wanted to use my first post to thank Erik.

The stock lights were so terrible that they were borderline dangerous, so that was first upgrade I wanted to do. I ordered Erik's standard harness and he recommended a place to get H4 lights.

The difference is astonishing and I couldn't be happier. Further, the install was painless even though I am not very mechanical. Erik was available to answer all of my questions and that is much appreciated.

I would recommend this upgrade to anyone. It's inexpensive and easy and the result will blow your mind.

Best!

Matt

Just bought my second harness from Erik. Way worth the money; I consider myself a pretty good hand with a crimping tool, soldering iron, and a heat gun but I would never try to make my own when you can buy his perfection for $105. The quality of materials and workmanship is better than any other automotive harnesses that I've ever seen.

I am currently investigating what it will take to make my harness work with the HJ6X with 24 volt systems. I am waiting for a scan/pic of the headlight schematic to know how the headlights are configured, and how they connect to the batteries. If you have that info and can send me the scans/pics of the schematics from the FSM, that would help. wiredwagon at comcast dot net.

Howdy Erik! Have you had the chance to work on the HJ6X wiring yet?
This seems like a really good product to go into my HJ61 that I really would love to try!
Also, would you be able to ship to Finland if/when the harnesses are good to go?

-Thomas-

Howdy Erik! Have you had the chance to work on the HJ6X wiring yet?
This seems like a really good product to go into my HJ61 that I really would love to try!
Also, would you be able to ship to Finland if/when the harnesses are good to go?

-Thomas-

Hello Thomas,

There has been some passing interest in a harness for an HJ60, but no interest that has lasted. Is an HJ61 the same wiring as the HJ60--ie 24 volt system with 12 volt headlights?

I have shipped to Canada and Australia, so I can probably also ship to Finland. It won't be cheap though.

Erik

Hello Thomas,

There has been some passing interest in a harness for an HJ60, but no interest that has lasted. Is an HJ61 the same wiring as the HJ60--ie 24 volt system with 12 volt headlights?

I have shipped to Canada and Australia, so I can probably also ship to Finland. It won't be cheap though.

Erik

Hi Erik,

All the HJ61's that I have seen here in Finland , seem to be "Nato spec", 24 volt, including headlights & all the electrics. Thanks for the quick reply!

ps. yep, shipping to Finland might be a bit off-scale, experience talking here. :hillbilly:

-Thomas-

Well, if you can email me the headlight wiring diagram, I can see if I can locate some 24 volt relays. My email address is wiredwagon at comcast dot net.

I try to find the wiring diagram when I get home from work. :cool:

EDIT: email sent!

Last edited:
Hey Erik. My DIY Daniel Stern harness is starting to pooch out. I think you are going to get an order soon ;)
Still $27 for shipping to Canada? Best to order through wired wagon or PM for Canada?

Curtis.

The postage jumped last month to $35 to Canada. I have no idea why. I thought maybe UPS would be cheaper now, but not the case. I don't know whether it is the US side or the Canadian side that jacked up the rates, but it is what it is I guess. Sorry about that.

It works to order through the website and then I'll tell you how to send the extra shipping afterwards.

Thanks

Received it today. Looks great!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom