Headlight Switch dash-dimmer question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RWBeringer4x4

Mechanically Challenged
SILVER Star
Threads
Hey all -

I just reinstalled the headlight switch in my FJ40 after replacing the bulb (I just learned after almost 9 years the light switch has a light in it!)

The switch light works now, but to make the lights in the dash board brighter, I have to twist the switch counter-clockwise (toward the driver’s side door). If I twist it toward the steering column, the dash lights get dimmer.

I swear before I pulled this it was the opposite. Probably a dumb question but can someone confirm the “correct” way the knob is supposed to spin to make the dash lights brighter?

Hey all -

I just reinstalled the headlight switch in my FJ40 after replacing the bulb (I just learned after almost 9 years the light switch has a light in it!)

The switch light works now, but to make the lights in the dash board brighter, I have to twist the switch counter-clockwise (toward the driver’s side door). If I twist it toward the steering column, the dash lights get dimmer.

I swear before I pulled this it was the opposite. Probably a dumb question but can someone confirm the “correct” way the knob is supposed to spin to make the dash lights brighter?

Please Note , My Late Model Placard or Label Plate , Clock Wise seams to be the brighter direction

1599379365030.png

Well we seem to have a tie so far... @brian I know you've got a similar model year to mine - care to be the tie breaker?

pretty sure that is how mine works

Please Note , My Late Model Placard or Label Plate , Clock Wise seams to be the brighter direction

View attachment 2427573

@ToyotaMatt - this is how I seem to recall it working, and it also seems to make sense that, logically, turning the knob to the right would make it brighter (just like a volume knob usually turns to the right to make something louder).

Alright, sounds like I have it in right and my brain just thinks it should be the other way around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom