Header on a 3FE (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BTB = Manafre. BTB price is $790 too

These are for f and 2fe motors I have a 3fe

Oh right. 😉. Well the good thing is that your stock 3FE manifolds already flow so much better than the 2F motors exhaust manifold. Do some gasket matching and open up the rest of your exhaust system.

I'm fully aware that BTB is MAF. I was laughing at the pricing that BTB has instituted..

Earlier head castings did not have as many fasteners at the manifold, and the studs are smaller... other than that, they will bolt up, altho some futzing with some big washers might be necessary to keep the manifolds lined up on the smaller studs... you could oversize the stud holes in the head if you wanted; that would be a sure shot, then.

Earlier head castings did not have as many fasteners at the manifold, and the studs are smaller... other than that, they will bolt up, altho some futzing with some big washers might be necessary to keep the manifolds lined up on the smaller studs... you could oversize the stud holes in the head if you wanted; that would be a sure shot, then.
Or find studs with the same threads as in the head on one end, with larger diameter threads for the manifolds on the other end. I've seen stud bolts like that before, just don't know if there's a metric version. Or take a larger diameter stud bolt, machine down one end, and cut the smaller threads for the head. Then open up the diameter of the holes on the earlier intake manifold.

research step studs (iirc)

1570061572666.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom