head lamp washer issue - please help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I had my '11 LC undercoated with Krown undercoating yesterday. I didn't notice this issue until today, but the little black tabs on the front bumper that raise up and wash my head lamps are not working and are stuck in the up position. When I press on one end, the other end goes up and vice versa. When I press the head lamp washer button, I can hear the pump making a noise/sound as if it's working, but the bumper tabs are not moving much less being pulled down with the mechanized arms and sitting flush with the bumper. I do remember the guy who applied the undercoating stating he had to remove the inner fender liner, so could he have accidentally hit something? Any help is appreciated.

So, FYI for anyone that may encounter this issue in the future: the headlamp washers are hydraulically actuated by the wiper Fluid itself and when the fluid freezes like mine did (purchased from TN so it wasn't -32 degrees wiper Fluid I typically use), the bumper tabs will raise up a little and not work. It makes sense as my wiper Fluid wouldn't work for my windshield either. So, along with an oil change today, the dealer is letting the wiper Fluid unfreeze, and then replacing with -32 Fluid. It was a good lesson in how the head lamp Fluid works for sure. Hope this helps anyone that may encounter the same issue, and thankfully wasn't related to my Krown undercoating at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom