Head gasket dead... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was getting a rough idle last night on the way home. Pulled the plugs and the front cylinder was full of water.

Prior to pulling the plugs, it started right up without issues. I am currently looking to getting it fixed but might consider selling for the right price too.

Awh man that blows :frown:

Have you thought about replacing it yourself? HG on inline motors aren't too bad.

Awh man that blows :frown:

Have you thought about replacing it yourself? HG on inline motors aren't too bad.

Yeah, I just do not have a lot of time and means to get to and from work. It was my DD.

Have you gotten any quotes on getting the head gasket replaced? Maybe another cruiserhead could lend a hand too! If I was in Mesa I would help for sure.

First place I called quoted me 2300+\- depending on a condition of a few things.

What are the details on the truck? If you are looking to sell, I have been looking for a nice 80 with engine issues to swap a 2uz into.

What are the details on the truck? If you are looking to sell, I have been looking for a nice 80 with engine issues to swap a 2uz into.
Still up in the air. But looks like I won’t be selling. The president of the company I work for came to me and said, “l know you won’t ask so I am offering to help.” Yes I am a big prideful guy and I cried. I hate asking for help even from family.

Last edited:
Still up in the air. But looks like I won’t be selling. The president of the company I work for Mae to me and said, “l know you won’t ask so I am offering to help.” Yes I am a big prideful guy and I cried. I hate asking for help even from family.

No worries, if you fix it you wont have to worry about the head gasket again for a long time!

I just need to figure out how to get it towed there. I will check with my insurance company and see if my roadside assistance will tow it all the way there.

I have used towing services from craigslist without issues. $40-$50 for a flatbed tow truck is pretty much the going rate valleywide.

I have used towing services from craigslist without issues. $40-$50 for a flatbed tow truck is pretty much the going rate valleywide.

So you are saying 40-50 to get to CBT?

Scott, yep Murf at CBT took care of mine too. It’s already seen another 100k since and still going strong.

So you are saying 40-50 to get to CBT?

That has been my experience. Several even advertise their price in the add. Call, give them the pick up and drop address and they will tell you how much. I have always been within their mileage included distances.

That has been my experience. Several even advertise their price in the add. Call, give them the pick up and drop address and they will tell you how much. I have always been within their mileage included distances.

I will call around tomorrow and get some quotes on towing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom