HDJ81 Starting Issue (SOLVED!!!) (1 Viewer)

VCT Circuits waits for +12V across 4&7, then

One other question, where is the +12VDC input signal for this coming from for pin #4?

Disregard. I got the schematic out. But I’m wondering if this fusible link had blown I wouldn’t get the +12VDC signal from the VCR to the VCT therefore maybe that’s why the ground signal is not triggering?

I’ll check tomorrow.

5777DA66-A836-4818-9841-03AF7BF5181F.jpeg

Last edited:
I now have a correctly starting Land Cruiser. The +12VDC signal to the VCT was not occurring to pull in the starter relay.

And that would be because I incorrectly installed it on the “E” post of the VCR and not on the +1 post. So my month of troubleshooting was all self caused. On the bright side I am now infinitely more knowledgeable about my HDJ than I ever was.

:cheers: Major thanks to gte343z :clap: for his excellent troubleshooting information, 1 little spark got me realigned and on track.:beer:

Last edited:

mudgudgeon

SILVER Star
I now have a correctly starting Land Cruiser. The +12VDC signal to the VCT was not occurring to pull in the starter relay.

And that would be because I incorrectly installed it on the “E” post of the VCR and not on the +1 post. So my month of troubleshooting was all self caused. On the bright side I am now infinitely more knowledgeable about my HDJ than I ever was.

:cheers: Major thanks to gte343z :clap: for his excellent troubleshooting information, 1 little spark got me realigned and on track.:beer:

Ahhhh! That's the worst! Chasing ghosts, then realising you set the ghost loose yourself!

At least you got it sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom