Hdj81 need someone to snap a pic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fj62max

Wildlife Customs
Threads
Need someone to snap a pic under on the left side in front of fuel side next to frame. I want to remove this weird crap i have and want to have an idea of how it is factory. Also want to know the fuel line size. Thanks
20170205_150353-jpg.1397737

View attachment 20170205_150353.jpg

Not sure that a picture would be necessary.

The PO cut out a section of the fuel pipe to install this "device." You can simply take it out, and replace the missing fuel pipe with one of the fuel hoses down there, or use a new piece of hose (which is what I would do). The fuel pipe should be 10mm or 12mm, depending on the model-year of your rig. A quick measurement should give you the answer you need for size.

One benefit of removing the device would be an un-fettered flow of fuel to the Injection Pump.

Some folks have added electric fuel pumps to help with fuel supply, and this would be an area where you could add that into the equation. The jury is out on the need for the additional fuel pump, so I would advise reading up before making that decision.

Here is a good example of the added pump.

Euro 1HD-FT Turbo Diesel/H151F 5 Speed Manual LHD 96' USA Swap

As long as the electric pump is flow through/flow on fail design it won't hurt anything. In fact, it will help for those times you need to prime the fuel lines/IP (filter change, etc). My 94 Chev K2500 6.5TD has an electric pump stock to help push fuel to the IP.

Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom