Builds Hardcore ROTM - PROJECT RASCAL - July 2005 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rascal said:
Hey Chris,

The only problem is the drive - We'll see - maybe Grogan and I might load up the Gooseneck and just take one truck...

I am dying to go back.....too much stuff we missed.

Bender Alley
Outer Limits
Big Johnson

:D

Bruce, talk to your daughter, if she is up for some baby sitting duty, I will come by and we can get that axle stuffed tomorrow afternnoon/early evening.

Last edited:
Bruce, that was too easy....I can't belive that axle stuffed so nicely. Looks great under Rascal :D

Are you in the area tomorrow? I can leave the driveshaft and the spares out for you to pick up.

Waggoner5 said:
Bruce, I am just jumping in here towards the end of your build, but it looks great. Throw some of that motivation my way so I can finish my 45. Great job!.
Gary

Gary, think hybrid :D

Went and picked up some sweet stuff today! :cool: :cool: The primered axle is the housing for my rear 0 we'll start mocking up the 4 link - hopefully in a week or so. The other is Nolen's old 609 ;)
IMG_0869-1.jpg
IMG_0870-1.jpg
IMG_0871-1.jpg

Got busy this evening. First nolen came by and we slid the 609 under the front of Rascal and bolted it in - that was it... I think it was easier getting the new axle in than it was getting the old one out. After Nolen left I got started mounting the shock hoops and the Bilstien 5150's (another Kate throw away...) Then my Father-in-law came by and we re-installed the drive train. 11:00pm and I finished the PS motor mount. I'm beat and going to take a shower.
IMG_0872-1.jpg
IMG_0873-1.jpg
IMG_0874-1.jpg

Even with the 42's on the truck is at the same frame to ground height as before I started.

Let me know what you think - this time everything is just tacked ;)
IMG_0875-1.jpg
IMG_0876-1.jpg

wngrog said:
Bruce, that was too easy....I can't belive that axle stuffed so nicely. Looks great under Rascal :D

Are you in the area tomorrow? I can leave the driveshaft and the spares out for you to pick up.

Thanks again for your help! I'll try to get by tomorrow - but it will probably be Wednesday.

Waggoner5 said:
Bruce, I am just jumping in here towards the end of your build, but it looks great. Throw some of that motivation my way so I can finish my 45. Great job!.
Gary

How you been stranger? You back in town for awhile? The differnece between your project and mine is that I've got a HARD deadline and I don't have another rig to wheel in... ;) ;)

WOW :eek:

YOu were a busy boy last night!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!

DO you want me to set out my puller so you can get that Pitman Arm switched out?

Also, I did not have the right peice for your Saginaw splines. Call PSC.

Rascal said:
Even with the 42's on the truck is at the same frame to ground height as before I started.

Let me know what you think - this time everything is just tacked ;)

I really like your motor mounts ... did i miss were you said what bushings your usein

lookin sharp Bruce!

talked with Derek at trentfab last night, pushin him HARD for a polycarb hood by Labor Day weekend....put that on your list ;)

What, you didn't like the way his plastic TJ hood worked???

Looks Excellent Bruce!!!

wngrog said:
I am dying to go back.....too much stuff we missed.

Bender Alley
Outer Limits
Big Johnson

Bruce, talk to your daughter, if she is up for some baby sitting duty, I will come by and we can get that axle stuffed tomorrow afternnoon/early evening.
Get your asses out here :)

I will NOT have any other bozos to babysit this time ;)

Looking good. Getting rid of bifs is always a good thing. I assume the bends in the drag link are to clear the frame. Insiring to see the build go good, I need to get more work done on my junk.

Drinking a pint of Sleemans Honey Brown Ale and waiting for the next up date.........

cruiserrg said:
Looking good. Getting rid of bifs is always a good thing. I assume the bends in the drag link are to clear the frame. Insiring to see the build go good, I need to get more work done on my junk.

Thanks - I have really enjoyed following your build. The drag link was from the PO. That was the first thing that Butch fxed by adding the hi-steer. Since then I've just been chipping away at "getting it right".

Radd Cruisers said:
Drinking a pint of Sleemans Honey Brown Ale and waiting for the next up date.........

Will get back on it this afternoon ;)

Rascal said:
Thanks - I have really enjoyed following your build. The drag link was from the PO. That was the first thing that Butch fxed by adding the hi-steer. Since then I've just been chipping away at "getting it right".

I'm thinkin' he's asking about the bend in this pic.
Butch
IMG_0870-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom