Hard-On by Woolwax™ 1-time permanent coating. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bob1008

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hard-On by woolwax™ is for that application where a permanent coating corrosion protection coating is needed, or preferred, over a maintenance type application that needs to be recoated every couple of years. Hard-On by woolwax™ is a high performance, water based permanent 1-time hard shell coating. One and done. NOT rubber.
• This coating dries to pure matte black. This is NOT rubber coating. This dries to a very hard shell coating and will not deteriorate like rubber.
• Drying time is 60 minutes to the touch, and 72 hours to be fully cured.
• Expected life expectancy is 5-10 years depending on use.
• The surface does not need to be pristine. Hard-On™ is developed to be applied on used, slightly rusted, oily, or imperfect surfaces.

Looking for a permanent 1-time hard shell coating for your truck frame or equipment? Hard-On by woolwax™ is what you need. Great for utility trailers, wheel wells, truck frames, storage containers, etc. Originally developed as a chip guard for trailer trucks this formula is perfect for any long term applications. Hard-On is water based , so it has almost no smell. Dries to the touch in about 1 hour, and after 72 hours you can't chisel it off.

Click here for product page

Click here for video

Woolwax HARD-ON logo v8 final x0.25.jpg

Easy name to remember.😵‍💫

Hard-On by woolwax™ is for that application where a permanent coating corrosion protection coating is needed, or preferred, over a maintenance type application that needs to be recoated every couple of years. Hard-On by woolwax™ is a high performance, water based permanent 1-time hard shell coating. One and done. NOT rubber.
• This coating dries to pure matte black. This is NOT rubber coating. This dries to a very hard shell coating and will not deteriorate like rubber.
• Drying time is 60 minutes to the touch, and 72 hours to be fully cured.
• Expected life expectancy is 5-10 years depending on use.
• The surface does not need to be pristine. Hard-On™ is developed to be applied on used, slightly rusted, oily, or imperfect surfaces.

Looking for a permanent 1-time hard shell coating for your truck frame or equipment? Hard-On by woolwax™ is what you need. Great for utility trailers, wheel wells, truck frames, storage containers, etc. Originally developed as a chip guard for trailer trucks this formula is perfect for any long term applications. Hard-On is water based , so it has almost no smell. Dries to the touch in about 1 hour, and after 72 hours you can't chisel it off.

Click here for product page

Click here for video

View attachment 3374769
sounds effective. but you might want to rethink the "after 72 hours you can't chisel it off"
or are you confident enough to send me enough to do my 60's armor n let me test it? :hmm:

sounds effective. but you might want to rethink the "after 72 hours you can't chisel it off"
or are you confident enough to send me enough to do my 60's armor n let me test it? :hmm:
No thanks.. not that confident. I'm pretty sure you could chisel it off with time. The 'chisel it off" was meant in the non-literal sense. But I appreciate you bringing it to my attention and I will not use that term in the future.

@bob1008 , no worries. i read all advertising n claims of performance very literally. how new is this product?
Developed 16 years ago as a chip-guard for trailer trucks. Was solvent based. We recently reformulated it as a non-flammable and non-hazardous water-based product. The chemical industry in general is getting away from solvent/hazardous/flammable formulations in favor of non-flammable water-based materials.

What's next, " Our exclusive Condom Coating to protect your driveshaft"

You might could get Dylan to be the spokesman girl for the product?? :oops:

Seriously, for liability purposes you probably should put a warning on the "Hard-On" product container "Do not apply to your shaft". There's someone out there who will try. :rofl:
how badly are you trying to sabotage a supporting vendor?

Obviously not the first to see the reason that specific name was chosen, it was chosen for that exact purpose, a double entendre (double meaning, one of which is innocent or literal, the other bawdy, risque,etc) . I'm sure the marketing person had a good laugh when they came up with that name.

But if you want, take down the quotes of what I wrote and I'll remove all my posts and it will go away, was just having fun with it as another poster did.

Obviously not the first to see the reason that specific name was chosen, it was chosen for that exact purpose, a double entendre (double meaning, one of which is innocent or literal, the other bawdy, risque,etc) . I'm sure the marketing person had a good laugh when they came up with that name.

But if you want, take down the quotes of what I wrote and I'll remove all my posts and it will go away, was just having fun with it as another poster did.
All good Kernal. No offense taken. I appreciate you reaching out and explaining your viewpoint.

This sounds like a great product. I'm curious about the end of the 5-10 year life expectancy, as far as removing the old product to reapply. Does it need to be fully sandblasted, or can it be reapplied over an existing coat?

This sounds like a great product. I'm curious about the end of the 5-10 year life expectancy, as far as removing the old product to reapply. Does it need to be fully sandblasted, or can it be reapplied over an existing coat?
No need to remove the coating. Hard-On by woolwax™ can be reapplied directly over the old coating, or it can be top-coated with most urethane, acrylic or alkyd resin formulated automotive topcoats. The formulation has a bit of asphalt in it which gives it the ability to adhere to less than pristine surfaces.

I got a slightly rusty boat trailer. Thinking about hitting some of the bubbly paint with a needle scaler and putting this on there. Is this the right product or is it kinda like POR15 where it’s not recommended for areas that get UV sun exposure?

How is this different than the woolwax I did three years ago?
Hard-On by Woolwax™ is a specialty product for limited applications. The traditional Woolwax™ is by far the recommended product for most applications.

Some of our Undercoaters are using it on high wash areas like the wheel wells of commercial trucks. Welders and fabricators that may take the box off of trucks every 5-10 years may need a permanent coating. It's used often on school buses and fire trucks where a maintenance application is not practical. It's also used in the oil industry for pipelines.

For most users on this forum, the traditional non-drying Woolwax™ is still the best option.

I got a slightly rusty boat trailer. Thinking about hitting some of the bubbly paint with a needle scaler and putting this on there. Is this the right product or is it kinda like POR15 where it’s not recommended for areas that get UV sun exposure?
Hard-On by Woolwax™ currently does not have good UV resistance as it was developed as an undercarriage chip-guard for heavy equipment. We do not recommend it for areas that get UV sun exposure. We are working on adding an agent to make it more UV resistant. It does differentiate itself from POR15 in that Hard-On by Woolwax™ can be applied to surface rusted or oily surfaces. The formulation has a bit of asphalt in it which gives it the ability to adhere to less than pristine surfaces.

Hard-On by Woolwax™ currently does not have good UV resistance as it was developed as an undercarriage chip-guard for heavy equipment. We do not recommend it for areas that get UV sun exposure. We are working on adding an agent to make it more UV resistant. It does differentiate itself from POR15 in that Hard-On by Woolwax™ can be applied to surface rusted or oily surfaces. The formulation has a bit of asphalt in it which gives it the ability to adhere to less than pristine surfaces.
Great I appreciate the detailed info! Still buying this for sure. My friend has a 97 4Runner with some light surface rust that I think this would be perfect for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom