Hard brake line rupture ques (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So today was running billings canyon and broke the hard line that runs after the frame soft line that connects to the caliper soft line I guess from old age. I pinched the soft line from the frame with vice grips and drove out on 3 brakes and made it home. Do you think since I squeezed the soft line which is a braided Slee line that I damaged or need to replace that line now also?

Squeezing it hard enough to prevent leakage and maintain braking force is pretty hard and personally I'd probably replace that soft line.

Flush your entire system too.

Kinda what I was thinking but didn't want to have to buy all 3 extended lines again.

it's just a rubber line on the inside with the braid on the outside. if it's fairly new i wouldn't worry much about it. if anything the braid distributed the clamping force over a larger area therefore lessening the stress on the rubber.

Kinda what I was thinking but didn't want to have to buy all 3 extended lines again.

I'm not sure where you live but try your local hydraulics shop. You should be able to find one in any decent sized town to build you a single line to whatever specs you need.

Or try it, it'd probably be fine, but 20$ at the local hydraulics shop is cheap insurance to me.

As in you think they could make the soft line? I know could prob find someone to make the hard line or we have a cruiser yard here in junction could prob buy used hard line or order it from Toyota, isn't there a soft line from Toyota that works for extended line that I thought Cdan figured out

Yes if you're in Grand Junction I'd imagine you can find a hydraulic shop to make you braided stainless lines. I had all mine made that way. As far as hard lines those aren't hard to make either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom