Hand crank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone out there have an FJ engine hand crank for sale or have one I can get dimensions to fabricate my own?

Does anyone out there have an FJ engine hand crank for sale or have one I can get dimensions to fabricate my own?

I'd post up here in the classifieds, someone should have 1 available

If I recall correctly, I was able to find a used one from cruiserparts.net.

I thought those guys had been universally banned from mention on this site

I got a couple of those, this is my straightest, handy to have.
Does the dealership still carry them?

20220615_113021.jpg

20220615_113137.jpg

20220615_113230.jpg

1655321295428.png

1655321332781.png

I'd pay $20 for one

There are two lengths of this rod. Bought a 1005 MM one back in the nineties when there were still available. Early one is 850 MM. Scored a second one out of a wrecked 84 HJ47RV. Both of these were for lower the spare tire underneath the back. The guide on the bumper wasn't available turn the 2H engine over for obvious reasons. I have a water key used two turn water off at the meter. Never checked the size but think the diameter is close to the OEM rod. Good vise and a torch could been one up. Drill a hole and drive a pipe and your set. Believe some other Japanese auto maker used one that was close in their SUVs that might locate in a wrecking yard. Search on mud might bring up the thread.

Or do you have any available for sale?
I do not, but they can't be that hard to find.
I bet the usual suspects that deal in used LandCruiser parts have dozens of them laying around. And any 40 with an engine swap no longer needs theirs.

I bet the usual suspects that deal in used LandCruiser parts have dozens of them laying around. And any 40 with an engine swap no longer needs theirs.
I located one but the guy wanted $700 for it. I will make my own for that price. What is the diameter of the main shaft?

In the US market these were gone from the FJ40 pretty early. My FJ25 had the clips to hold the crank handle but by early sixties FJ40 just screws and nuts where the clips would go. Similar to the nuts and bolts where the bracket would go to locate the back FST bow on factory hard tops. Our FJ45LP-B had the clips but those were welded in place. Not sure if the crank handle was suppliedk f . The FJ55s had them to lower the spare. But these are not that plentiful in the US. $700 is ridiculous. Would reproduce one before spending that much.

In the US market these were gone from the FJ40 pretty early. My FJ25 had the clips to hold the crank handle but by early sixties FJ40 just screws and nuts where the clips would go. Similar to the nuts and bolts where the bracket would go to locate the back FST bow on factory hard tops. Our FJ45LP-B had the clips but those were welded in place. Not sure if the crank handle was suppliedk f . The FJ55s had them to lower the spare. But these are not that plentiful in the US. $700 is ridiculous. Would reproduce one before spending that much.
My 67 was kind of weird. It has clips for the handle. It was a 66 that had been re-vinned to a 67. Not quite sure if the clips are original or not.

didn't the 60s have them?

No they used the jack handles just 80 series, 100 series and guessing the 200 series. Almost positive the claw on the end of the crankshaft nut was gone by then. Handle's only purpose was to operate the jack and operate the spare tire winch.

My 67 was kind of weird. It has clips for the handle. It was a 66 that had been re-vinned to a 67. Not quite sure if the clips are original or not.

The wheel well had clips to hold the jack handle rods which were two sets on the passenger's wheel well. The ones for the rod to crank the engine were on the driver's wheel well. Two on the top and third Lowe behind the driver's seat. Do you have the clips on both wheel wells?

Looks identical to the ones used on older Land Rovers. I have several of them.
8126674E-A5F7-4251-89C1-5E594791D226.jpeg
6D4F6AFF-B07D-4E33-BCEF-2FDAE061F47E.jpeg

has anyone seen Idave's video of actually starting his rig with the crank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom