h55f rebuild diagram

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by idigfjs, Feb 14, 2017.

1. idigfjs

idigfjs

does any one know where to find one of these. I searched the site but I did not find one

2. FJ40Jim

FJ40Jim The Cruiser Whisperer SILVER Star

Media:
    In the FSM?

3. Output Shaft

Output Shaft

The procedures how to disassemble it, check it, and put it back together are in the factory manual (FSM).

This drawing gives the lay of the land. Kinda helps you visualize what's in there.
    image.png

The manual makes it look pretty easy., but it's not and there are special tools you will need to fabricate in order to take it apart. And even if you have the worlds best pullers, it can still be an extremely difficult project.

I would only disassemble one with the mindset that it will probably get trashed in the process of attempting to rebuild it unless you have experience rebuilding manual transmissions.

So my advice would be, put away $2500 in the piggy bank (for the inevitable) then go at it knowing that in all likelihood Mr. Piggy will be spilling his guts out to Toyota in no time.

4. Spike Strip

Spike Strip Torque Ain't Cheap SILVER Star

5. 4Cruisers

4Cruisers SILVER Star

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.