h55f into fj62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If I have a complete fj60 donor rig, is there anything else I need to swap the H55f into an Fj62? Any welding/fab required for the pedals or is that just a bolt in affair?

Thanks

Pedals bolt in. If you have a complete mid 85 to 87 truck it will be easy.

You’ll need crossmember brackets from @torfab

Not familiar with the 62 tyranny crossmeber, but I will not be surprised if the 60 tranny cross member will work with minimal work. Might get lucky and it will bolt on. Not which bell you will be using but I used a fj40 bell housing and did a little grinding to get the bell housing to bolt on to the h55f tranny. I think can use the Transfer shifter hardware as well. Just want add, the 60 bell housing is probably the one you want to use..

Last edited:
if it is a 84 like your sig line says pedal bucket will not work cleanly - better to buy a 85-87 pedal bucket.

bellhousing and crossmember/rubber mount must match. Can be 81-84 or 85-87 but must be paired together.
Pre85 bellhousings will require minor die grinding work on the input bearing retainer opening. best to do before installation

the 60 currently has an h55f so i was assuming it would cleanly replace the automatic.

Yup, once you install the60 bell housing/ tranny/transfer you will get a good idea where the crossmeber will go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom