H55F 40 series top plate: finally copied or...? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pif

Threads
TL;DR they made H55F top plate for 40 in Pakistan!

As many of 40 series owners, I'm in a long and unfruitful search of right H55F top plate to replace my 60-series one.
Recently I found Toyota Land Cruiser BJ40 BJ42 H55F 5Speed Transmission Top Cover (Reproduction) | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/404699206972 this item on eBay, seems like working part but a bit too expensive to conduct an experiment.
I've been in Pakistan and though I respect their technical skills of building working gear from nearly crap, I have a strong doubt about that exact part working well, especially when even better equipped people in AU didn't manage to release it after years of R&D.

Any opinions folks?

Says used, looks used so I would ASSUME it worked well enough to become used. On the other hand maybe they drove it around holding it gear. Grandpa Red drove around pulling a big stump because the brakes were out and he had to order parts, but "the rest of the truck works fine".

I watch a lot of youtube vids of those guys making repairs and parts. Truly awesome, not sure how long some of those "repair" actually hold up. However, in a collapsed world economy, Gerry Rigging will be a valuable skill.

Says best offer. I'd offer $250 to my door - If it was a correct good part I'd pay the other part of the grand and be done looking. Good Luck

We have new OEM H55F FJ60 top covers available as well as used units for 40, 60/70 and “modified” version for the 40-series.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers
Shop 209-475-8808
Sales@valleyhybrids.com

Great to hear that there are finally working options after all these years!

Can you tell me more about this modified one?

Our buddy Ian takes used factory 60/70-series H55F covers and VERY SKILLFULLY cuts part of the cover out, rotates it 180 degrees and welds it back together. Obviously the rails and internal linkage are also reconfigured to “morph” the top into a 40-series version.

We have new OEM H55F FJ60 top covers available as well as used units for 40, 60/70 and “modified” version for the 40-series.

Shop 209-475-8808
Sales@valleyhybrids.com
I went to your cruiserbrothers.com webpage and couldn't find any reference to these top plates in your store. What are the prices for the various top plates? I have a stock 60-series H55F, is it cheaper to have you modify it or to buy a used 40 top plate? Also do you sell transmission rebuild kits for the H55F?

I went to your cruiserbrothers.com webpage and couldn't find any reference to these top plates in your store. What are the prices for the various top plates? I have a stock 60-series H55F, is it cheaper to have you modify it or to buy a used 40 top plate? Also do you sell transmission rebuild kits for the H55F?
In my previous response I posted our phone number AND our email address.
We don’t necessarily check this form every day so I would appreciate it. If you could either call us or send us an email. Thank you so much.

Shop 209-475-8808
Sales@valleyhybrids.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom