GX470 Cupholder GXCUPS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

phishtaco

Cincinnati
Threads
I bought one of these and decided to stay with the oem butterfly set up. Anyone need one? Looks like they are sold for $37.50 shipped so how about $30 or trade for one of those rearseat usb setups.
4966FB1C-DDA3-4F0C-BB5D-5DB4630C458F.jpeg
4966FB1C-DDA3-4F0C-BB5D-5DB4630C458F.jpeg
A5C6FDA8-688A-4F17-A22C-2B158ABE8828.jpeg

I bought a cup holder from Sumatra designs a few months back and it changed my life! No more spilled coffee on turns. This design looks pretty similar to what I have, but I didn’t have to remove the lid. Kinda wish I had though.

Bottom line - worth every penny (at least for me).

And it’s gone. Thanks

I need this.

I like the fact that people are making these quality of life items!

Guess that is directed toward me. Micronavi unit from China.

Link to where you go it? Also, how difficult was it to get working with the CANBUS? Did you have any hardware or software installation issues? I'm looking for an alternative to this phoenix 10.4" tesla screen for my wife since she is not a fan of it. I'd be curious as I'm sure others are if you could do a little video on its functionality if you have any freetime.

Link to where you go it? Also, how difficult was it to get working with the CANBUS? Did you have any hardware or software installation issues? I'm looking for an alternative to this phoenix 10.4" tesla screen for my wife since she is not a fan of it. I'd be curious as I'm sure others are if you could do a little video on its functionality if you have any freetime.
My unit came from AliExpress over 2 years ago. I started non nav non ml. It seems like most people are using the newer Joying unit.
Install was simple with the included CANBUS. I never could get my steering wheel controls to work but I think I forgot to plug in that plug. The couple things I dislike 1) the volume is not loud enough even though I preset the oem unit at 50% volume before disconnecting. It is louder without using the CarPlay dongle but I use CarPlay 95% of the time. 2) can’t figure out how to set the volume to start at a certain level. Because of the 30 seconds to boot up if I fail to put to lower the volume it could be super loud as it defaults to the radio. The newer units have a fast boot like 2 seconds. 3) once every couple of month CarPlay does not work until the car it shut off but then it boots right back up.
Other than that I love it. Big screen, looks stock(I park on the street), CarPlay is great.
I am considering getting one of the new Joying units. I have a 5 channel amp to install so I might update at the same time. Anyone want to buy my current one so I can buy the one below?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom