GSMTR 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Registration is open, for the 25th annual Great Smoky Mountain Trail Ride (GSMTR), at www.stlca.org/gsmtr/ . The event is May 16-21, 2016 at Wind Rock Park, Oliver Springs, TN (near Oak Ridge) This park is 72,000 acres with over 300 miles of trails from mild to wild, something for everyone.

Your registration includes: Free primitive camping, Thursday evening Chile Super, Friday evening Hamburger Cookout and Band and Saturday evening BBQ meal and Raffle plus a T-shirt and event decal.

The park offers Cabins and full hook up RV spaces, for more information on the park www.windrockpark.com

I am in.

I'm signed up and reserved a camp site. This will be my first GSMTR. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Awesome @Steve D should be a good time. Look forward to seeing you there.

I look forward to adding another one of these to the collection...

IMG_1277.JPG

Im getting excited about GSMTR, because I am planning on heading up on Tuesday this year...

X-post from TN page...

So @4xsteve and I are starting to work out our schedule for this year. Plan is to stay the entire week as we've done the last couple of years so we're starting to sort out trail priorities and time lines.

Our list in no particular order:
School Bus (38)
Little Mule (46)
Trail 15 (multiple times obviously)
Rail Trail (40)
Trail 39
Cadillac Hill (part of 39)
Stair Steps (45)
Tr 12 to 13 Loop
Top of 3
Walden's Ridge (75)
Rattle Rock (47)
Trail 21
Last year we night ran 21 and had a n absolute blast, do it again this year?

@FJCRAWLER What's your schedule? We're hoping to hit Walden's Ridge earlier in the week but will prioritize around who shows up and when.

Im getting excited about GSMTR, because I am planning on heading up on Tuesday this year...
Took me a few years to get Ted to come early, then I think John came early the following year. Now Nick is getting the itch too. Almost have the whole crew now!

Took me a few years to get Ted to come early, then I think John came early the following year. Now Nick is getting the itch too. Almost have the whole crew now!

I finally saw the light 3 years ago I think!! From what I recall John actually went up for the full week before I did and it royally sucked!! No matter what you're doing you can't shake the fact that your buds are out wheeling without ya!! :bang:

For me, the best part of GSMTR is up to about Wednesday, it's a lot more peaceful. Nothing against the crowds but the dust and constant back and forth of trucks going by your tent gets a little much at times.

Planing on being there can't commit to the whole week may come up tuesday night or wednesday morning.

We reserved Cabin 16 for a Sponsor and. they are not going to make the event. Cabin is furnished with log furniture. Living room has a full-size leather sleeper sofa and chair or recliner. Unit sleeps up to nine people with linens and towels provided. The kitchen has a fridge, stove, coffee pot, microwave, dishwasher and all essential kitchen items. There is a full-length back porch with a picnic table, rocking chairs or porch swing and fantastic views. In addition, a charcoal grill is outside each unit If someone wants the cabin we will transfer the reservation Cost is $175/day plus a onetime $60 cleaning fee. Let me know if you want it.

IMG_0428.JPG

30 Days till GSMTR better get registered www.stlca.org/gsmtr/ ; you don’t want to miss this event. Super Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening, Band Friday night and Raffle Saturday night and great trail riding every day, Windrock has over 300 miles of trails.

The Raffle is looking good. So far the big prizes are a set of 35x12.50 16 Firestone Destination MT’s, Warn 10K Zeon winch, an ARB Fridge, a welder, Power Tank and a couple of our major sponsors will be bringing their donations , so expect some more great items plus the other sponsors have donated many many great items. A big Thank You to all our sponsors.

Major sponsors:

Benton Welding

ARB

Southeast Overland

Iron Pig Offroad

Warn

Trollhole Cruisers

Supporting Sponsers:

Metal Tech

Trail Gear

Ruff Stuff Offroad

Clemson Offroad

Fox Toyota

49 Tire

Skyjacker

Summit Racing

Hi Lift

West Texas Off-road

Cruiser outfitters

Toyota of Dallas

Tuffy

Overland Journal

Borgeson

Rock Auto

Tom Woods

Cool Cruisers Of Texas

Power Tank

Spector Offroad

REGISTERED!!!
:beer:

Only 5 days left to preregister for GSMTR. Register at www.stlca.org/gsmtr/ to insure you get one of this year’s awesome T-shirts. You can register at the event but the price will be higher, you may not get a shirt and it make it harder for the event staff .
2016 GSMTR Logo.jpg

Last day to pre register for The Great Smoky Mountain Trail Ride.
www.stlca.org/gsmtr/
You can register at event but may not get one of this year awesome t-shirts

Hey, does anyone have room in their cabin for me an my well behaved lab? I am considering not camping for GSMTR

Hey guys. Unfortunately this isn't a good year for us Florida guys. Luis is crazy busy with a new house, and I am too. Having to move 2x's in the next few months to juggle selling one place and buying another royally sucks. On top of that, I'm going to miss this GSMTR - which really sucks because that's really the one time I get to play.

So now I've got a cabin (the first one after you pass the main office) that I can't use. So I figured I'll offer it up here and see if anyone is interested in taking it. It sleeps 6 plus the pull out couch, and if you split the costs it's very reasonable.

And oh Ted, it's got 120AC and a place to weld. Just sayin'.

Sorry I'm going to miss seeing you guys this year.

-Carter

Hey guys. Unfortunately this isn't a good year for us Florida guys. Luis is crazy busy with a new house, and I am too. Having to move 2x's in the next few months to juggle selling one place and buying another royally sucks. On top of that, I'm going to miss this GSMTR - which really sucks because that's really the one time I get to play.

So now I've got a cabin (the first one after you pass the main office) that I can't use. So I figured I'll offer it up here and see if anyone is interested in taking it. It sleeps 6 plus the pull out couch, and if you split the costs it's very reasonable.

And oh Ted, it's got 120AC and a place to weld. Just sayin'.

Sorry I'm going to miss seeing you guys this year.

-Carter

Well that blows, sure hope its worth the sacrifice!! You have me pegged though, I know where all the 110 outlets are at Windrock by now, never know when the welder needs to be fired up.

Just curious, how much for the rental?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom