Group buy for MPH speedometer conversion (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is a rough cut of the one of the speedometers. It still needs some work to clean up some rough edges and I really need a face to make sure everything lines up pretty good. If there is interest I can do this work.

I only have an fj40 so I don't know the different types of 70s there are and maybe a more popular face to make first.

IMG_20230419_122934.jpg

IMG_20230419_122858.jpg

IMG20230419122119.jpg

This is awesome! I’m definitely interested in one if you end up making more. I’ve gotten used to converting KPH to MPH in my head but this would a nice mod to do on my LJ71

Thanks all.

I would need a couple of things to get these production ready. The main thing is if someone has a spare face they could send me it would help a bunch. I need to enlarge the cut outs for the odometers as well as make 100% sure all the holes are in the right places. Also I like to create a video to show how to install them. A face would help with that as well. I will return as soon as I have that setup done.

Also what version should I do? This thread has what looks like 4 or 5 different versions of this setup. I am not sure if there is one that most everyone has or if there are multiples that are popular. Sorry I am not up on the different 70 models.

Thanks
Jack

Also what version should I do?

EXACTLY why this whole thread started. There are a zillion versions of the face. They one I need - and was trying to get an order together about - is in the first post.

Also what version should I do? This thread has what looks like 4 or 5 different versions of this setup. I am not sure if there is one that most everyone has or if there are multiples that are popular. Sorry I am not up on the different 70 models.

Lets start another thread for this. I am willing to help out in any way I can also.

Agreed. I put a new thread out.

just memorize your 6 tables

5 x 60 kph = 30 mph
6 x 60 kph = 36 mph

etc.

Not exact but close enough.

Or use a phone app with GPS MPH and not worry about larger tires messing up your calculations :)
Ok can you explain this one a little bit

Ok, a typo

50 kph = 50 x .6 = 30 mph
100 kph on the speedometer, 100 x .6 = 60 mph

Actual conversion is .62, so kph x .62 = mph.

Much easier to use a phone app.

Ok, a typo

50 kph = 50 x .6 = 30 mph
100 kph on the speedometer, 100 x .6 = 60 mph

Actual conversion is .62, so kph x .62 = mph.

Much easier to use a phone app.
Ok thanks. Was glad it was a typo. I am familar with the .62/1.6 conversions but the post looked like some weird shortcut ive never heard of and wanted more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom