Group 31 Battery recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I'm striking out so far. Became a member at Costco and they had no grp 31's, either in the store or to order?? Had them try to lookup AGM, claimed they didn't have it to order. Went to Sam's, only had Lead Acid commercial with bad post placements. AGM was in their system but they don't order batteries. You would think being about 4 miles from the Gulfstream in S. FL would mean a lot of grp 31's available?

Nutz!

I guess it's a popular size for marine applications.

Damn, battery prices have definitely gone up. This used to be around 300 bucks like a year ago and the warranty went from 5 years to 4 years.

I believe these are rebadge Deka Intimidator AGMs.

Damn, sams by me had h8 Duracells for 189

Not as fancy as others but I have been running two of these for two years with no complaints:

Not as fancy as others but I have been running two of these for two years with no complaints:

I just picked one of those up today, but the automotive terminals not the threaded terminals.
Interstate 31P-AGM7’s have only been lasting me a year, and they (interstate) are refusing to replace my 1 year old battery because it was a replacement for the last 1 year old battery that crapped out. So I figured I’ll take a break from agm’s and try a lead acid. Looks like when I’m ready for a new battery again I’ll try the voltage booster and an odyssey pc2150 since I have one in my Tacoma that’s gotta be at least 6 years old now.

I just purchased the group31 X2 Extreme today, already have the Slee Group 31 upgrade tray. The PO has a battery that I am unsure how new it is and we are headed out on a trip at the end of March .. can't get stranded in southern Utah and this current battery has struggled to start a few times over the past couple months.

Yes expensive .. but need performance.

I guess it's a popular size for marine applications.

Damn, battery prices have definitely gone up. This used to be around 300 bucks like a year ago and the warranty went from 5 years to 4 years.

I believe these are rebadge Deka Intimidator AGMs.

I can’t for the life of me get this thing to fit with the Slee tray upgrade and battery terminal.

IMG_0418.jpeg

IMG_0419.jpeg

The second post conflicts with the battery terminal from Slee. Also, this battery seems to leave an indent in my insulator shield under my hood.

Mine is a 1998. I think I can remove foam from the base of the Slee battery tray and it will help, but not by a lot.

Weird, I always thought the X2 Power Battery is taller, but both Interstate / Odyssey that Slee recommends is slightly taller per spec sheets.
X2 Power Battery 31M: L x W X H: 12.91 x 6.77 x 9.25
Interstate: 31P-AGM7: L x W X H: 13 x 6.8125 x 9.375
Odyssey PC2150T: L x W X H: 13 x 6.8 x 9.7 (terminals)

That is a bummer about the marine terminals. It looks like the X2 isn't offered in a regular Group 31 without the secondary terminals.

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t that threaded terminal a stud that can be taken out?

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t that threaded terminal a stud that can be taken out?
I tried to remove it, however I was only able to "easily" remove the nut.

I didn't try to lock two nuts and unscrew the threaded terminal though .. I'll start digging.

Weird, I always thought the X2 Power Battery is taller, but both Interstate / Odyssey that Slee recommends is slightly taller per spec sheets.
X2 Power Battery 31M: L x W X H: 12.91 x 6.77 x 9.25
Interstate: 31P-AGM7: L x W X H: 13 x 6.8125 x 9.375
Odyssey PC2150T: L x W X H: 13 x 6.8 x 9.7 (terminals)

That is a bummer about the marine terminals. It looks like the X2 isn't offered in a regular Group 31 without the secondary terminals.

Yes - I think the thickness of the foam when new is what was causing the "indentation" on my hood insulation.

Interestingly enough, the gentleman from Slee who I talked to on the phone today shared that he's been running the Dakota Lithium "Group24" battery in his main successfully in his 200 Series. Really made me think twice about not trying one .... he also shared about our Alternator not being tuned to charge either of the Group31 AGM batteries they rec' and that dedicated solar or upgraded alternator was the answer.

Oh, yah probably not great to break it , I’m used to seeing this an option on car audio branded batteries…xs etc

Yes - I think the thickness of the foam when new is what was causing the "indentation" on my hood insulation.

Interestingly enough, the gentleman from Slee who I talked to on the phone today shared that he's been running the Dakota Lithium "Group24" battery in his main successfully in his 200 Series. Really made me think twice about not trying one .... he also shared about our Alternator not being tuned to charge either of the Group31 AGM batteries they rec' and that dedicated solar or upgraded alternator was the answer.
Ah yes…Enter the lithium convo 🔥

Kidding, kinda. Plenty of guys are having no issues running agms of all brands that last plenty long and stay charged

Ah yes…Enter the lithium convo 🔥

Kidding, kinda. Plenty of guys are having no issues running agms of all brands that last plenty long and stay charged

I was very surprised to hear the lithium mention from Slee.

Alright - so I am determined to get this battery to work.

Who here is running this thing already in their 100 series? I want to see pics!

If the secondary terminal is in the way, why not just cut it off?

Otherwise, they also offer a Group 31T size that might work better for you.

I know you said you are determined to make it work but.... personally, I'd go with a Slimline LiFe04 battery and a DC-DC charger. A little bit more in $ but it'll last longer and every battery is happy (charger-wise).

If the secondary terminal is in the way, why not just cut it off?

Otherwise, they also offer a Group 31T size that might work better for you.

I know you said you are determined to make it work but.... personally, I'd go with a Slimline LiFe04 battery and a DC-DC charger. A little bit more in $ but it'll last longer and every battery is happy (charger-wise).
Is this battery safe under the hood?

EDIT: oh wow, I’m very intrigued by this. I have space behind my middle seats between my drawer system and the seats.

What’s the story here?

Oh my: you just revealed a world I didn’t know existed.

Slim 200ah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom