Great experience with Summit Auto Transport! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone transported a vehicle lately with Aaron at Summit Auto Transport? I haven't seen any comments for a few months here. Thanks, I'm getting quotes now to ship a FJ40 from CA to IL. Any other companies I should also check with that Mudders have used?

Has anyone transported a vehicle lately with Aaron at Summit Auto Transport? I haven't seen any comments for a few months here. Thanks, I'm getting quotes now to ship a FJ40 from CA to IL. Any other companies I should also check with that Mudders have used?

Latest one moved was three days ago. Even though I have 11 pages of info here, not everyone chimes in once they have moved one. You are welcome to get a quote through my signature below @brainman22

Aaron, I got a quote from you 2 weeks ago but my ship got pushed out beyond the quote deadline andwould need another one when car is ready. Just asking the folks here to let me know their eexperiences. Thanks...It was a decent quote from you.

I've used Aaron to ship 3 rigs for me over the past year and would highly recommend him and I do recommend him to buddies that need cars shipped.
Keep in mind that he knows cruisers too. His quotes are always accurate and I've even had the cost be lower than his quote. He also gets rigs picked up quickly. His rates are also very good. You will not be disappointed.
Mike

Awesome. @Delancy FJ55 shipped a few weeks ago and might chime in for ya.

Made a mistake, shipping with Aaron this last trip.

(**Edited/Disclaimer: Keep reading. Hate to spoil my fun, but know how finicky some Mudder's are.)

I should've flown up and drove her home, at left lane highway speeds, because she's perfectly capable!!

Speedo is off a bit. 75mph is actually 83mph.

image.png

and she's a whole lot more to give, with handling capabilities that are ready and able to take you there!!

You should've seen the looks on faces as I was passing on the interstate, uphill, never once dropping from 5th. Bahahahaha.

image.jpeg

Pig's still got her morning face on, but damn worthy of the arduous, epic, insanely expensive P&B regime in the future.

She's a runner!!

In all seriousness (the first sentence was dramatic, for those unable to interpret as such)

Aaron shipped my dearly departed LX to and from Boulder four or five years ago.

Shipped the Pig from California three years ago, Boulder two years ago, and back home a few weeks ago.

Shipped the HZJ73 (now. Then a non-running VMJ73) from Tennesse to Tulsa a few years ago.

Shipped an LX450 from BFE, ID a few years ago.

Shipped a 40 from Nevada to Tulsa last year.

Feel like I'm forgetting a transport of mine, but have logged many miles using Summit's services, without issue.

My only suggestion (tongue-in-cheek, and to further represent) is the addituon of transportation services from abroad, as I'd not hesitate a second buying internationally, since there'd be no worrying about transport.

Thanks to all who have responded. Sounding better and better now.

I've used Aaron to ship 3 rigs for me over the past year and would highly recommend him and I do recommend him to buddies that need cars shipped.
Keep in mind that he knows cruisers too. His quotes are always accurate and I've even had the cost be lower than his quote. He also gets rigs picked up quickly. His rates are also very good. You will not be disappointed.
Mike

In all seriousness (the first sentence was dramatic, for those unable to interpret as such)

Aaron shipped my dearly departed LX to and from Boulder four or five years ago.

Shipped the Pig from California three years ago, Boulder two years ago, and back home a few weeks ago.

Shipped the HZJ73 (now. Then a non-running VMJ73) from Tennesse to Tulsa a few years ago.

Shipped an LX450 from BFE, ID a few years ago.

Shipped a 40 from Nevada to Tulsa last year.

Feel like I'm forgetting a transport of mine, but have logged many miles using Summit's services, without issue.

My only suggestion (tongue-in-cheek, and to further represent) is the addituon of transportation services from abroad, as I'd not hesitate a second buying internationally, since there'd be no worrying about transport.

Thanks fellas! Pig is looking good!

P.S. @Delancy I ship worldwide :)

Pig is looking good!

I hope you're more convincing when telling the wife she doesn't look fat in that dress. :flipoff2:

Pig looks like hell.....like she went through a coastal battle, then left there to rot, BUT, she runs like you can't imagine and not just saying because she's my charge.

I never thought I'd say that a 2F could feel so smooth, so fast, and sound damn good getting it done.

I had a dream and no matter how insane it sounds, even to my current self, Robbie made it happen, not only benefitting my endeavors, but future 2F projects of all vintages, because we now know the successful combination of 2F and 3F components.

This Pig will be on your radar, in the near future, as soon as I can find someone capable of completing.

Thanks again!!

Currently looking at quotes to ship a 40 from Lompoc, CA to Box Elder, SD. What's the best way to get in touch with Aaron. Anyone know rough estimate from experience?

Currently looking at quotes to ship a 40 from Lompoc, CA to Box Elder, SD. What's the best way to get in touch with Aaron. Anyone know rough estimate from experience?
@budharris

That's going to be a tough one. Give me a call whenever you like and we can discuss it (tonight is fine.) 303-524-9122

I appreciate all the business guys! Just a reminder for folks looking to ship a vehicle using a broker (including myself)...
Most of the brokers out there are terrible. They will quote low prices, take a deposit, and make promises that they have no intention of following through on.

Here are a few tips to not get burned:
  • NEVER pay a broker upfront! This almost guarantees that your vehicle won't get picked up since you will relieve their incentive to do so.
  • Low prices are generally a bad idea. If you have a budget in mind, I will be honest with you if I think that it is feasible. Sometimes it won't be. You will need to make sure that the driver is getting a fair price to move your vehicle. Typically, you can subtract the "deposit" from the quote and that will be the drivers fee.
  • If your vehicle is in a remote spot it will most certainly be expensive to ship. If there aren't many people there then there aren't many cars to be moved. Trucks go where the money is, so be prepared to shell out some bucks to ship that pristine 40 Series that you found in Yaak, MT.
  • Do your homework!! Google is your friend. Look me up, look them up, do a google maps search on their location. Anything to get an idea of who you are dealing with. Hint: A 75ft long truck and trailer probably won't fit in the driveway at their mobile home park in Florida(no offense to either Florida or mobile homes.) So when they tell you that they are a "carrier" you can ask them where their equipment is stored.

• Don't believe any promises! Brokers have zero control over anything, including myself. We rely on the drivers to tell us the where, when, and how much. Some of us are just more accurate and honest about possible speed bumps along the way.

They may tell you that they are a "carrier" and they might even own A truck, but ask yourself this: "Am I so lucky that I found the exact company I needed to pick up my vehicle in Booganville, AR and take it to Nowheresville, ID by just typing it in to Google?" I promise you that you're not.

Brokers can be your friend or your worst enemy when it comes to this industry. Unfortunately, it is mostly unregulated and people will steal your money with little or no consequences. Worse than that, you will be emotionally let down because you have to wait longer to get what very well may be your dream car.

I obviously don't need to convince someone to use my services via this thread, the incredible members of this forum already have done that and I am completely humbled by it. However, I do find myself occasionally talking to the customer that has a price that he has deemed appropriate and won't be swayed by my nonsense. I'm reaching out to that guy.

Again, thank ALL of you for the support over the years!

Aaron,

I had a good experience with your services this past week. My FJ40 was picked up on the day I specified in Southern Ca. and delivered to IL in the time you estimated. All went well and the shipping quote was very good. I will use your services if I ship any more vehicles. Thanks again!

I also recently used Aaron to ship my 40 and it was a great experience. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs a vehicle shipped!

I'll chime in and add to what others have said. Used Aaron and Summit to transport a 100 series from Denver to East Tennessee. Aaron was great to work with and the process went smoothly. Will definitely use Summit again next time I need to ship a vehicle.

Glad to find a supporting vendor on here in the transport business. Last time I shipped a truck cross-country, had the initial transporter run off with mine (and a bunch of other folks') money and I had to pay a second transporter to actually finally get it for me.

Anyway, just submitted online and sent ya an email for a transport from Georgia to Utah.

-Ferg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom