Great day to pick up this deal. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

molanginaeda

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.landcruisertravels.com
I just pick up a set of wheel for $400. ~50% thread left for old BFG KO 285/70R17.

Last edited:
Be sure to check the dates on those tires if you're wanting to run them.
Either way, great deal.

@TonyP Thanks for the heads up. The tires are old, 3511, week 35 2011. I won’t use it and will get it replaced. I was more interested at the Rock Warrior wheel than tires.

Last edited:
Two things, that is an awesome deal. I paid $1500 for my set wit h285 70 17 KO’s.

Second, mine are 2113. SO not quite as old. I was planning on running them until one got damaged enough to replace and then just replace them all. Inspected them all for cracks and whatnot. For the most part they look ok. Anything else to look for on 6 year old tires that probably sat in storage for a while?

Edit, just noticed you wrote 275, but your tires say 285 fyi. Not that it matters much since it sounds like you are replacing them.

Two things, that is an awesome deal. I paid $1500 for my set wit h285 70 17 KO’s.

Second, mine are 2113. SO not quite as old. I was planning on running them until one got damaged enough to replace and then just replace them all. Inspected them all for cracks and whatnot. For the most part they look ok. Anything else to look for on 6 year old tires that probably sat in storage for a while?

Edit, just noticed you wrote 275, but your tires say 285 fyi. Not that it matters much since it sounds like you are replacing them.

Once you start running them watch the edges of the tread blocks for chunks breaking off. As the rubber ages it'll get lose elasticity and be more prone to that. The same properties that make them more brittle also reduce traction by the way.. which is probably the worse actual effect on driving behavior.. they just might not stop or control the vehicle like they originally would have.

That was a steal

You got a great deal. Buy all of those you can.

@bemerritt i notice my typo. Thanks for correcting it. It’s 285/70R17.

I’m assuming this should clear a stock 2013 LC200? Or do I need spacer to avoid rubbing?

Since Toyota specifically recommends this wheel/tire combo on your LC200, you will be fine - no spacer required.

HTH

If you get sick of them, I’m right up the road... congrats. I’m starting to looks for a set myself!

Smoking deal. Nice going.

If you get sick of them, I’m right up the road... congrats. I’m starting to looks for a set myself!

If I seen another set, I'll let you know. If I know your budget, I can get it first and you can pay me later. Most Tundra owner swap wheel and tires will sell them.

I have a set for sale in NYC if you’re ever in the area.

I just picked up the same wheel/tire combo this morning for $500. Tires are dated 2012 and dry rotted so they are going to be replaced. Wheels are in great shape.

Nice. Great deal to pay just for the set of Rock Warrior rim. Now, let's find the fifth rim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom