Builds * Gray RJ77 build * (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings from Miri, Sarawak.

I have been eyeing for a 70-Series for some time now and finally got one. In the last 6 months, I have been refurbishing / building this RJ77 that I bought from some chap in a neighboring state. This particular unit was manufactured in 1991 and by the name plate was powered by the 22R with manual tranny which somehow undergone the 1KZTE engine swap with automatic transmission along the line. When I first got her, she was old, rusty and shaky - I immediately knew that all of these could be a good cause to spend :clap: *lol*

I found this forum very informative and realize there are a lot more for me to learn hence I humbly share my RJ77 restoration journey to her stance today. Comments and suggestions are most welcome (thinking of getting a manual transmission though).

Cheers

Last edited:
This is how she looked like when I picked her back in June this year. Stock as a rock!

Nothing special, stock 2-tone paint job and interiors with some body work to be done. Bits of dents and bent on the LHS bumper side. She had clocked 320K km on the odometer. 31" AT tyres with some old suspension setup. In fact, she has not been up and running for few months.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Nice looking vehicle. Welcome to the club.

I have a 91 LJ77 and this forum is a wealth of information and helpfull members.

Nice looking vehicle. Welcome to the club.

I have a 91 LJ77 and this forum is a wealth of information and helpfull members.

Thanks man. You are absolutely right, home of tonnes of useful data.

I reckon some good OME Nitrocharger Sports combined with yellow coils would tackle those bumps good. This gives me a 2" lift at the end.

BEQD3784.jpg

BXLU1867.jpg

LXGG6680.jpg

TBSS4751.JPG

I made the Same mistake, The little holes in the bushings are supposed to be in line like the one you took out.

PS: I left mine and it has not been a problem. Also I have never seen bushing that Badly worn out

I made the Same mistake, The little holes in the bushings are supposed to be in line like the one you took out.

PS: I left mine and it has not been a problem. Also I have never seen bushing that Badly worn out

What are those little holes for? I never seen anything like this bad too lol

Changed the rims too to get wider traction to suit the height.

PRNW8567.JPEG

Last edited:
Ordered the tyres. I went for Maxxis Bighorns 33s on 15" 10JJ wheels, I think this would compliment the engine power well with the auto tranny.

IMG_9406.jpg

IMG_9407.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

Finally got to the interiors. Got the seats and door trims re-wrapped and done the body work too, with my favorite colour of course. GRAY!

IMG_9532.jpg

IMG_9730.jpg

EERS7920.jpg

MKUK0321.jpg

Wow you are really tearing into that reg. looking good.
From what I understand if the holes are aligned correctly they Felix better.
I currently have a 80 but looking to add a 70 so been lurking hear in 70 Forum.
Oh yeah welcome to MUD

6D6046B5-DE8C-4979-8E89-54A7EA83D22A.png

Great work! Truck looks excellent! I see they upgraded the dash to the newer type as well (maybe along with the 1KZTE install).

Wow you are really tearing into that reg. looking good.
From what I understand if the holes are aligned correctly they Felix better.
I currently have a 80 but looking to add a 70 so been lurking hear in 70 Forum.
Oh yeah welcome to MUD

View attachment 1863466
Thanks man and pretty good looking flex there too! What you got under the hood?

Exactly that's the spirit, get another one. Don't delay your happiness :p

Great work! Truck looks excellent! I see they upgraded the dash to the newer type as well (maybe along with the 1KZTE install).
Thanks. You are right, the dash should come along with the nose cut when they did the engine swap.

Thanks man and pretty good looking flex there too! What you got under the hood?

Exactly that's the spirit, get another one. Don't delay your happiness :p
It's got the 1FZ-FE Petrol motor, They never brought any Diesel motors to North America. To import one it has to be at least 25 years old so very few 70x in the U.S.

Your reg is Looking really Sharp

It's got the 1FZ-FE Petrol motor, They never brought any Diesel motors to North America. To import one it has to be at least 25 years old so very few 70x in the U.S.

Your reg is Looking really Sharp
I'm sure it's not that cheap to import one too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom