Gray color code for steel wheels? (1 Viewer)

greenbeast

GOLD Star
I've been trying for 2 nights to search for paint code I can try and match up at powder coat shop, only to be met with error please try again later.

Sooooo...anyone have knowledge of this or something I could buy which is remarkably close?

Thanks

greenbeast

GOLD Star
Thanks ya sir, I know I read a thread on this a few weeks ago. However the only color I could remember was Massey ferguson gray and it's not convenient at all where I live.

I appreciate link

JohnnyC

Long ago TLCA# 2231
I remember reading Krylon being a good one.... Probably in one of the links... There were two krylons ... Can't recall which was best ... They should be common to find at hardware store

nelsonjm624

1973 FJ40, 2F, 3 Spd, Wilwood f/r, 31x10.5R15
I used traffic Grey in powder coat turned great used a krylon grey cap to get the color and pretty close.

1413045060084.jpg

Yeah, I'm looking for the powder coat color and brand also.
Tiger Drylac makes some good powder finishes, I use them on custom enclosures and electrical gear. If you can visit your local powder shop, they should have a color chart or sample book. As for the OEM grey, I've looked for that and came up with a few references to T1447 as the OEM medium grey color. If you really want the powder to be exact, maybe you can find someone to mix up some T1447, spray down some cardstock and use that to color match powder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom