Got the really IMPORTANT off-roading stuff in (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Semlin,

Same here - got his name in one of the post that he "accidently" signed it :)

cheers,
Frank.

His name is really Michelangelo,

He can't paint worth a crap, but he writes pretty good. :flipoff2:

As I understand it he's going to court to get it legaly changed to Beowulf 'cuz when he's finished with a piece of clay it looks like, well, you know what :D

Frank & Simon,
There was no way I wanted to be confused with any of the dozen or so other Mikes. Especially Junk!

And I can't paint, draw, or sculpt. :(
-B-

So I was going to install my CDL switch today. Reading this thread about pin 7 made me go read the instructions from Slee.

So teacher can we have some review in class (I tried to find old threads but no luck)?

- With just installing the switch (no pin 7 mod) I will be able to lock the xfer diff in high range. The primary reason I assume is to allow me to run on highway with the front axles pulled (blown birf ect). But when in low range it will always be locked.

I guess the only reason to want it unlocked in low range is for pulling Dan's boat up the launch on pavement? OR pulling stumps, trees ect.. not likely for me anymore.

- If I want to unlock in low range then I should do the pin 7 mod.

Is this basically the drift?

Is it really worth it to unlock in low range?

I guess the mod is easy enough, just looking for some feedback before I tear into it.

R

Riley,
Bottom line is that, with the pin-7 CDL switch mod, you have full control over the locking of your center diff and you have full control over the transfer case (L-N-H) and those controls are independant of each other, and your auto tranny isn't confused about whether or not you are in Low or High range.

It's a 15 minute job. As I recall, the connector was pretty easy to pop off and the pin-7 wire was easy to pull out of the connector.

-B-

[quote author=theferg link=board=2;threadid=7507;start=msg62813#msg62813 date=1068767000]
Looks sweet! You 80ers are lucky...in dash cup holder. Wish my 60 had one of those... :'( . Maybe i could get one of those 80 ones to fit somehow?

-Ferg-
[/quote]

I was afraid to ask about the cupholders here in this forum because "real off roaders" do not need cupholders! :ban:

As mentioned by others, wife and kids "need"cupholders and the in- dash oem cupholder did not get a rave review by most owners.
So if anyone come across a good cupholder (both for front and back seats) please share your source. Thanks. :cheers:

Mine's on the end of me arm :D It is also a sandwich clamp...... ;)

CruiserNow,
I love the DCH... enough so that it is in my sig line and was one of the first things that I got from Christo after I brought the truck home.

As Gumby mentioned, you have to be aware of what you have in the holder and your road conditions. An uncovered Venti Carmel Machiatto will make a mess if you hit the speed bumps at 30+ MPH. :D

It's great for soft drinks with a lid, thin water bottles with a top, 10 oz cans, etc.

-B-

Gee I wish I knew what DCH stood for and that it had a thumbs up from -B- before I did my Sleeoffroad order. :whoops:

I had heard nothing but bad things and skipped it on my order. Now I'm dying for a better cup holder. ::)

I guess I'll wait till I order the silders and that might be awhile. :doh:

Ohhhh, so thats what DCH means. :doh:
Endorsement from -B- .

I just don't feel like cleaning up any spills on the instruments/knobs (the radio and cd player etc) that would be right below the DCH. I guess I would just not drink in the rig. Or maybe carry a "platypus" ,backpack with a drinking tube like the ones used by cyclist. :D

CruiserNow,

Here's a gizmo that doesn't add an additional cupholder, but it makes the one that is there more functional.

It bottom adjusts to fit snugly in the factory cupholder and then the top adjusts to accept different size containers

Bought it at Pep Boys.

Thanks. Will check it out next time I am near a Pep Boys.

Well, take the switch off your p#N!$ pump, put it in your 80, and THEN see how often you use it.

:flipoff2:

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=7507;start=msg64035#msg64035 date=1069044553]
Kenton,
You may be surprised how many times you use that little switch!!!!

Mine has come in quite handy.

:flipoff2: :D
[/quote]

dont mock the camel back approach. That is what I use on long road trips and when I am out for a full day of wheeling. jsut hook my pack over the back of the seat and voila ice water when you need it and no bottles rolling around.
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom