got me a 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Corbeau has bolt in mounts. I'll help you with your truck if we get Todd's done before the AK trip.

thanks Roger
but I first need to go back to the old country my brother wants to go on a safari
I"ll have to do the floors pans first

Last edited:
I just want to do everything right because I want to go BIG and don't want to fall threw the floor
trust me its bad

Been a while since I have been around...nice rig Marius <envy>

what happened here?

no moving forward!

I thought of coming in and check where are you on the 40.

money money and gas
but it will get done
I make my money in constraction and it slow
annyone for countertops

tlca discount

getting full cage put in ,mount to frame and pans work on
may do spring over also
what else should I replace bushings and ?
maybe shackles ?
POR 15 inside and under tub ?

Last edited:
getting full cage put in ,mount to frame and pans work on
may do spring over also
what else should I replace bushings and ?
maybe shackles ?
POR 15 inside and under tub ?

I was talking to Todd about buying his axles when he gets back from Alaska but if you want them have at them. He is going to put FJ60 axles under his truck and he is already sprung over. You may want some tougher shackles ant at the same time you will want to replace all your bushings with polyurethane ones and put in greasable spring pins.

As far as using POR on the tub. There is so much prep that goes into that I would not reccomend it unless your tub was off and your junk completely taken apart I would not reccomend it. How about just going after it with a wire bruash on a grinder and having it Rhino lined?

I know what you are going to do with that 40:wrench::zilla::wrench::zilla::wrench: so Rhino inside and out might be pretty cool!

I was talking to Todd about buying his axles when he gets back from Alaska but if you want them have at them. He is going to put FJ60 axles under his truck and he is already sprung over. You may want some tougher shackles ant at the same time you will want to replace all your bushings with polyurethane ones and put in greasable spring pins.

As far as using POR on the tub. There is so much prep that goes into that I would not reccomend it unless your tub was off and your junk completely taken apart I would not reccomend it. How about just going after it with a wire bruash on a grinder and having it Rhino lined?

I know what you are going to do with that 40:wrench::zilla::wrench::zilla::wrench: so Rhino inside and out might be pretty cool!

what is the best place to get bushings and shackles man a fre ,TPI ore some of the other guys?
I got spring over bracket on ebay for front (ruffstuff) 1/2 price

what is the best place to get bushings and shackles man a fre ,TPI ore some of the other guys?

Marius,
I am no expert on the topic, but it was my understanding that the length of your shackles needs to be tied to the springs that you put under the truck. Effectively, the shackles need to be integrated into a balanced design for your suspension package so your springs (axles) articulate as desired. Do you know what springs and lift you are going for yet? If so, that should set the parameters for your shackles. Also, many kits already include shackles of the proper length for the springs so this discussion could be muted by your choice.

Marius,
I am no expert on the topic, but it was my understanding that the length of your shackles needs to be tied to the springs that you put under the truck. Effectively, the shackles need to be integrated into a balanced design for your suspension package so your springs (axles) articulate as desired. Do you know what springs and lift you are going for yet? If so, that should set the parameters for your shackles. Also, many kits already include shackles of the proper length for the springs so this discussion could be muted by your choice.

stock springs over the axles

Depends on the shackles and springs you are running. SOR has a wide selection and a good break down of what sizes fit what application - and they are not as expensive as everything else they sell:rolleyes:

Marius,

You might just check with Todd when he gets back to find out what shackles he is running on his spring over. I am pretty sure they are longer then stock.

Going big, Marius! The SOA is something that I have never looked at so the 'big dogs' will be better able to advise you when they get back from Alaska. If you are going that tall, there must be a lot more upgrades in the plans for this 40. Axles, tranny and transfer case? Plus lockers undoubtably.

I have a set of 36" swampers that still in atlanta
for now spring over
next detroit or lock right in back
then longfieds
then pws
then winch
then the 36''
then trailer
ore something like that and front lockers also

Going big, Marius! The SOA is something that I have never looked at so the 'big dogs' will be better able to advise you when they get back from Alaska. If you are going that tall, there must be a lot more upgrades in the plans for this 40. Axles, tranny and transfer case? Plus lockers undoubtably.

I have a set of 36" swampers that still in atlanta
for now spring over
next detroit or lock right in back
then longfieds
then pws
then winch
then the 36''
then trailer
ore something like that and front lockers also
Larry said it. Get with Todd. He may save you a lot of money and time if he sells you his axles:meh:
Sounds like you are on the right track though. Does that rig have power steering already? If not you will need the whole highsteer kit too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom