Got another one... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered up a new-to-me rear passenger door panel (the one on the truck was torn up pretty good). That should be here next week. Ordered up some a couple of gauge cluster bulbs to replace the ones that are burnt out and a new taillight to replace the one that's chipped. Little by little I'll get it back into tip top shape.

Last edited:
Good job man. Once you get everything tip top, and decide you no longer want it, hit me up. I have been wanting a clean LX. :D

What a great way to go...Just keep running through em until you find the perfect one ;)

Good job man. Once you get everything tip top, and decide you no longer want it, hit me up. I have been wanting a clean LX. :D

You never know, with my track record it might just end up that way ;)

One big good thing, the birf's were recently torn down and rebuilt with new seals by the mechanic. one less thing to worry about.

Last edited:
The replacement door panel got here, looks great, should be installing it tomorrow. Passenger and drivers seat dont move back/forward, I'll pull them out of the truck to see if its the caps or the gears and order up parts to fix them next week.

Last edited:
All differential fluids flushed twice and changed. New door panel is on and looks great. Ordered up a new-to-me leather steering wheel that is in way better shape.

Still need to take the wheels off and have a look at the front brakes. Something is scraping on the rotor on the front left side. Might just need new pads/rotors. I'll have a look at that in a week or two when I get more time.

Congrats on your new ride. Originally I had also wanted the Sage 40th, but a friend of the family who sells cars (and can go to car auctions)found my LX for me. I had only told him I wanted a 97 with the magic switch to the left of the wheel and any color other than black. Took him a month and he called me up and said found one for you, went down and thought it was black, but it was an overcast day and the dark green looked black. I am now kind of partial to the cladding and other stuff that the LX has. Besides, now that it is no longer stock, the stares you get from people after they see the L on the front, people think I'm crazy. But the local dealership loves it.

Enjoy the LX and keep it! :D

Jon

Congrats on your new ride. Originally I had also wanted the Sage 40th, but a friend of the family who sells cars (and can go to car auctions)found my LX for me. I had only told him I wanted a 97 with the magic switch to the left of the wheel and any color other than black. Took him a month and he called me up and said found one for you, went down and thought it was black, but it was an overcast day and the dark green looked black. I am now kind of partial to the cladding and other stuff that the LX has. Besides, now that it is no longer stock, the stares you get from people after they see the L on the front, people think I'm crazy. But the local dealership loves it.

Enjoy the LX and keep it! :D

Jon
I dont know what it is about the seats, but the seats are definitely more comfortable in this LX that they were in any of my LC's. Maybe it's all in my head, who knows. The truck is starting to grow on me, especially the color combination. I'm starting to dig the white.

Same applies to women.....:doh:
Amen... Very true.

Sell it to meeh!

Why don't you just get tired on it now and SELL IT TO ME!:D

Looks great. Can't complain... Lockers,clean and not GREEN:p, what more can you ask for?

:cheers:

I dont know what it is about the seats, but the seats are definitely more comfortable in this LX that they were in any of my LC's. Maybe it's all in my head, who knows. The truck is starting to grow on me, especially the color combination. I'm starting to dig the white.

Amen... Very true.

The LX have slightly different seats. Same leather, but narrower and thicker padding it seems to me at least.

As an example, the LC seats cannot clear the Range Rover cup mod. The LX seats brush past it no problem. So they're definitely not as wide. They feel thicker to me, but that might just be in my head. :meh:

The LX have slightly different seats. Same leather, but narrower and thicker padding it seems to me at least.

As an example, the LC seats cannot clear the Range Rover cup mod. The LX seats brush past it no problem. So they're definitely not as wide. They feel thicker to me, but that might just be in my head. :meh:
Looking at pictures it looks like you're right. Definitely a plus for the LX owners.

Just some pictures I took that I didn't get a chance to post before.

Old doorpanel that came off:
IMG_1886.JPG

Old steering wheel that came off:
lx450wheel.JPG

New-to-me steering wheel that went on:
ls400wheel1.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom