For Sale Gossamer: 1987 FJ60 4BT H55 in IL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

***SOLD***

So the time has come,

I've got too much on my plate and not nearly enough space so I have decided to put this up for sale before it grows roots. Most of you may know the history on the vehicle if not here is the previous for sale listing;

For Sale - '87 "The Red Monster" - WY-- SOLD/SHIPPED as of 11-8-15

This is also the thread I created back when I was working on it;

Gossamer... the saga continues

First things first... there is record of a fire in the engine bay/wheel well area on November 11, 2003. It was not a total loss but apparently no one cared to have the vehicle title status updated from salvage all those years so I took it in and had it inspected by the state of Illinois 3 times and it has been updated as REBUILT as of April of 2016. There was nothing structurally ever wrong with the car, the value of the car back then probably just wasn't worth much more than a replacement oem harness, haha. As you can see from huge amount of info and pics in aforementioned threads it was all completely gone through.

The light bar, winch, and radio are not connected as I had grand plans of making my own bumpers and installing another radio I have. Everything else works besides the speedometer. I just go the flow of traffic or use a gps app on my phone to ensure I'm not speeding too much on the interstate. Truck cruises at 75 and merging or going around people is no problem. Engine pulls like a freight train and it gets great fuel economy. Work got busy and other projects piled up and I never got around to spending the time on this I wanted.

P-pumped 4BT with 9500 miles since rebuild
Ranger torque splitter (27% OD)
Final double overdrive is .62:1,
H55F 5 speed trans
Full float rear & 4:56 gears
37's with matching spare
Trail Tailor sliders bumpers and roof rack
Pioneer CD player JBL speakers (not connected)

free image storage sharing

Last edited:
Sorry for any delay in replies and for no video yet, been super busy. Here is a pic of some things I didn't mention but come with it. All of the digital/gps gauges along with the complete wiring and sensors, SLCFJ62 auxiliary bussman box, A/C compressor and custom bracket, mint dashboard, winch controller, and the cut harness that I removed/replaced. I also wired up the radio so that is working perfectly now.

Will try to take and post the vid over the long weekend

After 3 days of trying to get my GoPro hero5 to record GPS data since the speedo doesn't work I finally had it fixed... only to have my computer crash. Trying to get this done before it breaks again so this is the video unedited and I'm getting back to everyone asap. (I don't have an external mic so the sound is not only muffled but the GoPro was quickly zip tied to a 2x4 across the rear windows (haha) so it is also picking up vibration between that and the case)

Going to post it locally now and will entertain offers for it parted out once my new lift is in my shop. I'm up to my eyeballs in vehicles and this has to go.

After 3 days of trying to get my GoPro hero5 to record GPS data since the speedo doesn't work I finally had it fixed... only to have my computer crash. Trying to get this done before it breaks again so this is the video unedited and I'm getting back to everyone asap. (I don't have an external mic so the sound is not only muffled but the GoPro was quickly zip tied to a 2x4 across the rear windows (haha) so it is also picking up vibration between that and the case)

Going to post it locally now and will entertain offers for it parted out once my new lift is in my shop. I'm up to my eyeballs in vehicles and this has to go.

Do you have a decibel meter app on your phone? If so what does it read at say 70mph?

Would be a bummer to see this rig parted out though you have to do what you have to do.

Do you have a decibel meter app on your phone? If so what does it read at say 70mph?

Would be a bummer to see this rig parted out though you have to do what you have to do.

Totally didn't think of that. I just downloaded one and will check at lunch.

It really run and ride nicely so I don't want to split it. If I got someone interested in the roller or the drivetrain then that would force my hand.

Whoa... almost 3500 views. Talked to a bunch of people since posting. Thanks for the interest.

***Deposit received and tentatively sold.

Whoa... almost 3500 views. Talked to a bunch of people since posting. Thanks for the interest.

***Deposit received and tentatively sold.

Let me know if the sale falls through. I'm interested in the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom