Good Shops to Re-gear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got my cruiser regeared to 5.29s last year. Quite frankly I am not a fan as it spends 99% of the time on the highway and I don’t like spinning 3,000 rpms at 70. So I wanna drop down to 4.88s. I would just do the T-case reduction gears however the shop I had to the 5.29s did a poor job setting up the backlashing and there is a crazy amount of driveline slop going into the rear diff so it needs to come back out anyways. I also found a really good deal on 4.88a and now they are just sitting in the garage.

So what is the go to shop around here to get diffs done? Also if anyone is confident in setting up gears and would be willing to do it I would be up for that. I’m taking it on a cross country trip at the beginning of next month and I really wanna get it done. I’m also ballin on a college budget so cost is a issue.

Thank you!!

I'd ask HuddExpo.

I had a friend do the rear and I kinda helped. I made an appointment and took the front clamshell to Slee and waited for it same day.

Friend of mine just had 4.88’s installed in his Tundra by Darold at The Diff Shop on Ford Street. I saw the pictures of the paint patterns. He did a very good job. Darold is probably the best in the business in town, but I have a hard time recommending him at times, because he can be a little difficult to deal with. He works for himself, and has all the work he needs, so he can be crass and grumpy at times. Once you accept that fact, you’ll be in good hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom