Good rear mat option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

airon23

SILVER Star
Threads
Saw this in a home depot ad and seems like it would be a good rear mat option and it's relatively cheap and could be cut to fit.
HomeDepot truck utility mat

I know some other more stock looking mats are available, but for those who use their 40s for something a little more rugged this looks like a good option.

I use one of those large padded blankets used to protect furniture in moving vans.

I cut up an old rubber truck bed mat to fit. Its nice and thick, ribbed on top and has is raised like buttons on the bottom.

That's the one I have, the CityRacer mat, and it's really nice. That one is a lot nicer than the one I posted but I wouldn't say as heavy duty as a truck bed mat. For someone hauling wood, rock, whatever, and don't want to rip the nicer mat this is another option. I was just throwing this out there. Also I think it could make for a good shop floor mat.

I cut up an old rubber truck bed mat to fit. Its nice and thick, ribbed on top ...
I bought used rubber Gym flooring mat and cut to fit. Way thick and has ribs.

scottschaaf.jpeg

And the results are in....

I was a little taken aback by the giant logo in the center. Could have done without it. But luckily there is more than enough room to cut away the longer half and use it without the logo.

I had to trim the mat by 4.125" on either side so the mat was centered. and cut it down to length. Overall I am very pleased with how it turned out. The mat is about .375" thick so it will withstand just about everything. Very durable.

The top has some nice protrusions that mimic the original floor pattern which I like. The bottom is also studded so it will stand off nicely in case water gets under it.

1596226131592.png

1596226147294.png

1596226155770.png

And the results are in....

I was a little taken aback by the giant logo in the center. Could have done without it. But luckily there is more than enough room to cut away the longer half and use it without the logo.

I had to trim the mat by 4.125" on either side so the mat was centered. and cut it down to length. Overall I am very pleased with how it turned out. The mat is about .375" thick so it will withstand just about everything. Very durable.

The top has some nice protrusions that mimic the original floor pattern which I like. The bottom is also studded so it will stand off nicely in case water gets under it.

View attachment 2389352

View attachment 2389353

View attachment 2389354

DeeZee owns Protecta, but there is a different mat without the logo available (which is what you ordered). Looks like it isn't a big issue as you had enough material without the logo.

That’s good to know. If the logo was in the way, I would have sent it back but there is a solid 55” or so of logo free room.
Looks good. I like the ribs. Did you just use a utility knife to cut it? WIsh the CCOT Aussie mat was still available. I'd love a drop in option, but that Dee Zee looks like a good option.

I use one of the tractor supply horse stall Mats. They are 3/4 thick, cheep and really quite down the noise inside the 40. You will need to trim it to fit but it’s really nice.

A33BCC7D-69E9-4F13-B6DA-F9A98D90EDF6.jpeg

I just used a new blade on the utility knife. Cut over a 2x4 so it wouldn’t scrape the ground. Required a little force but wasn’t too difficult.

Thanks, I think I will do the same.

I am running the rear mat from City Racer LLC, very similar to original old school mat.

I’ve run a piece of drainage mat for years. Easy to hose off when my dog took a s*** at a stoplight and dries out well as I run topless all the time
9DB90701-3F77-437D-9411-683B66EB126D.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom