Trying to source replacement seat foams is on my list. $OR only offers seat bottom foam, and their $100 unit looks like something I would make in the garage.
cheap and easy - sounds like my ex-wife, I don't think she has the skill set for molding foam. On second thought, you probably wouldn't want the foam that she pre-molded.
It's more of a time issue for me, making the foam sounds like it would be interesting. I even picked up an electric carving knife at a garage sale just in case.
The whole process is just cutting blocks and gluing them together then using a block sander to get the final shape.
I sent the seats to a hot rod shop for recovering, $700 for the pair and the guy did an awesome job.
The winch line held up to some massive pulls this weekend on Fordyce. We had a truck break a transfer case on Winch hill 1 and spent two days getting it back to pavement. My battery may be toasted, frikken cheap ass Optima yellow top only lasted 10 years.
In other news I sheared off my front drive line bolts before the other truck blew the t-case. Someon had spares so I was okay. I have enough new rear driveline bolts to replace all the front bolts. However they are larger. Anyone drill out the yokes in the front DL to take the bigger bolts? I was going to try to do it on the rig with a Milwaukee 90° hole hog.
Drilling out is no big deal. I do it with a hand drill. you going from the 9mm to the 10mm bolts? And you are using the DL specific bolts as well correct? Not some 3/8" bolts? That extra long shoulder on DL bolts is a good thing.
Drilling out is no big deal. I do it with a hand drill. you going from the 9mm to the 10mm bolts? And you are using the DL specific bolts as well correct? Not some 3/8" bolts? That extra long shoulder on DL bolts is a good thing.
Yes they are the DL specific bolts, the forking 9mm bolts from Home Depot sheared off on Fordyce last weekend. I have enough 10mm I got from Onur to replace all the front bolts.
Should I drill to 10mm then ream to 10.5mm?