Builds Good luck Kiichiro! A build story. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HOLY COW Batman!!! Do you have an entire shop to work in!!

HOLY COW Batman!!! Do you have an entire shop to work in!!
Lmao I wish! Legend Auto, local outfit, came through in a clutch after the snags. They’re great with Yotas so it was a no brainer.

Other than the headlights, have you sourced all the other parts? Im highly considering buying a set from Alibaba for the conversion. Thanks for documenting this build!

Other than the headlights, have you sourced all the other parts? Im highly considering buying a set from Alibaba for the conversion. Thanks for documenting this build!
Yes. All other parts are in my basement: grille, front bumper, accompanying clips, emblems, etc. and rear tailgate garnish. Really hoping I can use the GX hood and not have to source a Prado one. I found a set of aftermarket headlights even though I keep holding out for a used set.

😃😅😂😀 the back, minus the emblem swap, is officially done as far as the conversion goes!!! Introducing Lexus’ other GX concept! The Lexus Land Cruiser Prado!!!!!! Full write up on install coming soon!
B8EDA61B-6517-467D-A334-1D182E2F9CAB.jpeg

0IdgaSL2Sb6W3PjVvlTVzw.jpg
d30OizuOQ%y7RgB%TCIXPQ.jpg
BcmCtplXScGWtGTKD52%6A.jpg
fullsizeoutput_1aa8.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1ab0.jpeg
Only thing left in the rear is the emblem swap but that will be a simple item. In the back the LC Prado clears have been installed replacing the OEMs. For the most part a straight forward set up however there was some splicing. The back up lights on the GX are in the rear bumper where as on the Prado they are in the housing. Also, there is an extra bulb in the GX tail light housing unlike the Prado. All buttoned up and functional without issue. The bumper is a sport bumper; the aftermarket lights I got for it were too flimsy so I opted to get something that could function as a utility light on demand. Enter the Extreme LED Stackerz. These things aren't bad. Wasn't looking to get into lighting quite so quickly but it was easier to do these now as opposed to waiting. Today I swapped the GX license plate holder with the Zenki Prado 150 one. Took me a little over an hour and would have been shorter had I had all my tools out and ready beforehand. All in all the truck is coming along nicely; once the front is converted I'll be getting it wrapped and then on to electronics, etc. Cheers!

Reactions: r2m
Awesome truck! It looks like the Prado rear bumper greatly improved the departure angle from the 460 bumper is that correct?

Also if you were ever to do a full write-up of the conversion with part numbers and links I know I would be very interested. Awesome rig and a great inspiration!

Ben

What's with the gray rear quarters? Are they waiting to be painted or part of the bumper? :hmm:

Awesome truck! It looks like the Prado rear bumper greatly improved the departure angle from the 460 bumper is that correct?

Also if you were ever to do a full write-up of the conversion with part numbers and links I know I would be very interested. Awesome rig and a great inspiration!

Ben

I plan to do a proper write up when the time comes. Was working on it the other night but for some reason couldn’t get all my pics to download to the forum from my pc.

And to your point yes! Definitely a noticeable amount more clearance. I wish I would have taken more close up stock pics to show the difference.

What's with the gray rear quarters? Are they waiting to be painted or part of the bumper? :hmm:

Good question; it’s actually a full on Prado Sport bumper that I bought some months back. I’m a big fan of the Sport Edition bumpers that came on the 4th Gen 4Runner with the grey trim and this is just like those. It also has an aluminum trim on the edge, visible in first pic, that is uncommon. I plan to wrap the truck by the end of next month so disregard the goofiness for the time being 🤪
C4B7C61D-F901-4904-8DB0-B3729CB2C8EC.jpeg
509C8490-E767-489F-A66B-ECB212DC8232.jpeg

Been a while since I've posted but recently replaced emblems in the rear and also tore into the front for the swap.
1577124081822.png

Initial shot after removing Lexus emblem. Lexus emblem uses the left and right while the Toyota emblem uses the left and lower right

1577124114864.png

All cleaned up and remaining residue removed

1577124152803.png

All done. I'll be dipping the license plate garnish shortly.

As for the front, I got far in the process but will need the Kouki (Late model) Prado 150 fenders and the hood. Felt good to be able to disassemble and reassemble things. Learn from my mistake and make sure you drain all washer fluid before doing something like this. If you don't have the headlight washers then you should be fine but it was a pain in the ass to clean up.
fullsizeoutput_1aab.jpeg
58872405997__F7308DEC-8022-47F0-B836-9332EB4503E3.JPG
9W+3X%ssQUW12lqXfyt+Ng.jpg
ddJ+OYJ5SMqJzd9aPuaqKg.jpg

so the late mode Prado hood and fenders are different as well?

my headlights and grill are all broken on my 11, and I’ve been shopping around on what direction to go.
Have been contemplating just going to 14+ look. But that’s certainly not cheap.

As for the front, I got far in the process but will need the Kouki (Late model) Prado 150 fenders and the hood. Felt good to be able to disassemble and reassemble things. Learn from my mistake and make sure you drain all washer fluid before doing something like this. If you don't have the headlight washers then you should be fine but it was a pain in the ass to clean up. View attachment 2164313View attachment 2164316View attachment 2164317View attachment 2164318

@jabhb Slightly different yes, the lights won’t seat in the 460 (10-13) fenders. Haven’t been able to confirm they’d seat in a 14+ but when eyeballing it a couple of months back it seemed unlikely. Same for the hood; slightly different and will work with the lights unlike my current hood. If I wasn’t planning on this then I’d go for a 2020 front swap.

Anymore progress on this?

Anymore progress on this?

Not terribly; Wisconsin winters suck and even the garage is so damn cold that I avoid working on it if I have a choice. I did remove the third row and plastidipped the Land Cruiser Prado garnish black. Will get some pictures up soon.

Still on the hunt for Prado fenders. I haven't been able to determine if the current model 460 uses the same fenders but fortunately I have a recall getting sorted on the 2nd of March and I'll take the Prado headlights up there to size things up. My local dealer has been easy to deal with so I'm hopeful they won't bother me.

Following this, just wired up the Prado 120 with working reverse.

Gonna be purchasing the Euro license plate garnish thinking about the rear bumper, love how they have the extra parking lights in them like the 03 4Runners.
View attachment 2214227
Nicely done, I like how the Prado 120 lights have the bumps. Glad you were able to get the reverse wired up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom