GoldieHahn Build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

my daughter Z helping me install the new bumpstops
i-DRw8Czp-X3.jpg

How much up travel do you lose when you install these? Are there any negative to doing this? and is this all you did to clear 35's?

How much up travel do you lose when you install these? Are there any negative to doing this? and is this all you did to clear 35's?

its travel UPward that is what we try to limit with bumpstops, travel DOWNward is not affected.

limiting the travel upward to clear the 35s wont affect your clearance.

@kreiten looks awesome dude. my experiments should arrive over the weekend. please post this on the extended bumpstop thread.

Last edited:
Here's a little vid my daughter made from our Rubicon trip with GoldieHahn

I haven't had it offroad yet but will get some trail time in soon. The videos I watched on youtube show these allow for a lot of upward travel it's just more controlled then the factory bumpstops. I will give them a full flex test off road and see how they do, i'm also adding 1/4 inch spacers with them from Wheelers also.

its travel UPward that is what we try to limit with bumpstops, travel DOWNward is not affected.

limiting the travel upward to clear the 35s wont affect your clearance.

@kreiten looks awesome dude. my experiments should arrive over the weekend. please post this on the extended bumpstop thread.
thanks buddy, keep me in the loop on how your experiments are going also.

How much up travel do you lose when you install these?
I haven't had it offroad yet but will get some trail time in soon. The videos I watched on youtube show these allow for a lot of upward travel it's just more controlled then the factory bumpstops. I will give them a full flex test off road and see how they do, i'm also adding 1/4 inch spacers with them from Wheelers also.
FWIW, I didn’t notice any loss of uptravel with these, but never took any measurements. I tossed the swaybar, so that probably contributed. They’re progressive bumpstops, getting stiffer the further they compress.

@kreiten Cool video!

In that earlier pic she didn't look a day older than 3! Amazing talent at such a tender age!!

Here's a little vid my daughter made from our Rubicon trip with GoldieHahn

In that earlier pic she didn't look a day older than 3! Amazing talent at such a tender age!!
Thanks!!! My 3 year old Z is def learning her way around the camera and GoPro but she's not to that level yet:) My older daughter Em made the Rubicon vid, she is just dabbling into the video/drone thing but a top level photographer IMO.
i-NjnZTjr-X2.jpg

Found the build! Truck is dope man!! Excellent footage on that Rubicon Trail too!

GoldieHahn creating some shade for my dog Kona as she waits for her new gears from Cruiser Outfitters! 25% reduction on the low range transfer case and 4.88's, gonna be a CRAWLER!!!

i-xxCK9Xn-X3.jpg

Unrelated to the build, but I ran into your brother at a gas station near CO Springs a couple weeks ago. Said he’s been driving around with a blown front diff and no hub flanges for a few months, didn’t give a $hit about dirt etc. getting in the wheel bearings 😂

On that unrelated topic, I have been wondering - is it viable to have a set of part time hubs for such cases?

Unrelated to the build, but I ran into your brother at a gas station near CO Springs a couple weeks ago. Said he’s been driving around with a blown front diff and no hub flanges for a few months, didn’t give a $hit about dirt etc. getting in the wheel bearings 😂
I'm sure you could tell by looking at my Bros rig he wheels that thing hard, proly 2 or 3 times a week! A true testament to the abuse these rigs can handle and still keep driving!

On that unrelated topic, I have been wondering - is it viable to have a set of part time hubs for such cases?
Not sure I've seen it on the 100 but I've seen people do it on other Toyota's to cut back on front end wear etc..

Not sure I've seen it on the 100 but I've seen people do it on other Toyota's to cut back on front end wear etc..
You guys know about the part-time kit from Cruiser Outfitters, right?

Best mod I've done. I think there was some discussion about suppling just the locking hubs, but I don't know if they are doing that.

I was invited to do the Rubicon later this summer. This thread was the first thing I thought of when the discussion came up! Not sure if it will come together, but we'll see. Love the pics and video.

4.88's and 25% TCase reduction gears going in, thanks Cruiser Outfitters for the quick service and making sure I have everything I need!

i-c2rCzsz-X2.jpg

i-4zZrmt6-X2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom