Glow worms in jam jars to (H4 headlights and wiring harness) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure, like I mentioned, I rarely drive it in the dark. The bit I have used the lights probably was low beams only. It's mothballed until spring now and by the time the salt is off the roads it's light until 9 and that's not much before my bedtime :D

Not sure, like I mentioned, I rarely drive it in the dark. The bit I have used the lights probably was low beams only. It's mothballed until spring now and by the time the salt is off the roads it's light until 9 and that's not much before my bedtime :D
Ha, this sounds familiar :lol:

My turn.
PXL_20220113_201702746.jpg

Part duh will be later...
IMG_20220109_132508_01.jpg

And pretty much done.

I removed about 4 feet of wire from the lead to the other headlight.

There was some extra...

IMG_20220113_133200_01.jpg
IMG_20220113_133518_01.jpg

I'll sort out the firewall end a bit better another day.

PXL_20220113_223208297.jpg

No batteries in engine bay makes life easier most of the time.

No surprise, high beam indicator doesn't work. (It didn't before)

Suspect I've had the high beams on most of the time. My switch seem so stay there easier than on low.
Maybe people will actually notice now. :lol:
I also have a spot on the stick on the way to the flash position where there's no lights at all.

So that's cool. Reminds me of my old dodge van with the foot dimmer switch that would occasionally get stuck in between and put you in total darkness. Usually on the malahat or somewhere dark and windy.:cautious:

Been thinking about when I go to swap to the round lights in the 60.

It's headlights are actually 24v unlike most of the canadian trucks where they do the one 12v light off each battery thing.

So, I could just use the housings, swap the bulbs, and not bother with the relay harness. Might do that at first, just to get things working.

Probably less of an improvement in a 24v setup I'd think BUT, if I could find some 24v relays that'd pop into these sockets I'd be golden. ( I think)

Trouble is, despite Omron showing a 24v version, buggered if I can find something out there to click buy on.

Screenshot 2022-01-14 201615.png

Seems like it should be available. Even different brands with the same base maybe.

Might just be my Googlefu is weak tonight. :lol:

You can probably find the 24v relays on digikey... Just need to check the pin out
I did actually have a bit of a search on that site, but only found this one.

Mini iso is what the style is called so it might be right. No pic and 17 weeks away tho...:lol:

Found that p/n on Mouser with a datasheet.
I think that's the right one, but they're expensive little buggers to not be sure of.
@stevebradford is going to check a supplier he knows next week.

If the relays end up being 50 bucks each, it might not be worth the expense.
I don't think 24v lights have as big of a voltage drop issue as the 12v, so I'd probably be better off spending that 100 bucks on a set of extra high beam lights so I have 4 bulbs again like I do now. :meh:

This might be them. Maybe I'll take one of the 12v ones in this week to compare.

I'll have to take one in.
I think those are the hella type.

Left is what Toyota uses, right the hella ones that are everywhere

PXL_20220116_184944266.jpg

Last edited:
A few of the ones I have here. Those numbers should help you.

View attachment 2895727

View attachment 2895728
Yeah, I have lots of the hellas. Clearly not as many as you :lol:

I've used those to make 24-12 5- 4 wire trailer light converters.

These are different.

I could just splice in a couple hella bases and use those. Just figured I'd see if a direct replacement was available first.

Are you looking for a socket for the small Toyota relay or this larger one?
I'll only need sockets if I strike out on finding relays that'll fit the harness..

The bulb kit has what I think are called mini iso relays, the hella ones are just iso.

So if I have to go with Hellas, I'll grab a couple sockets at the same time.

Might be easier in the end.

Last pic didn’t work. You mean these? Part numbers might help ya’.

View attachment 2896002

EDIT. Just googled the denso number. Getting close.

It has 5 pins, but the ones in the kit have 4. Socket has a space for the 5th pin, so it might work.

Have to laugh at that ad. "ships worldwide" then the exceptions are pretty much every country on earth. :lol:

Last edited:
Normally the extra pin is a second output that's the opposite of the first one... IE NC vs NO...

Can usually use them anyway or cut off the pin if it really bothers you
Ha, it won't bother me lol, just wasn't sure till I pulled out the relay that the socket had a slot for it.

Might take the old bitch for a burn today, blow the spiders out of the exhaust, and see what the wajax people are like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom