Glow plugs fuse? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While checking my fuse box I noticed there’s a missing fuse on the spot titled “glow” I’m assuming it’s glow plugs? Could someone confirm this, just want to make sure I’m not missing something crucial to the engines health. The other missing one is titled “diff” but I’m not sure if that’s just a package thing since I’m pretty sure I don’t have any lockers. Thanks

Is it a car, a plane or a motorbike?

Are the glow plugs working?

Like this one?
The fuse is for the relay I think. If its been bypassed , it may not need the fuse.
1604086109594.png

Without glow plugs they usually take a while to start. It takes lots of cranking. All you need is a test lamp connected to the bus bar that powers the plugs.

The mystery is why the fuse is missing

Without glow plugs they usually take a while to start. It takes lots of cranking. All you need is a test lamp connected to the bus bar that powers the plugs.

The mystery is why the fuse is missing

Does it absolutely need the fuse for the glowplugs to get power? I’ll try to see if I can test if they work sometime but I’m not sure why it would be gone

From what I can tell in the as-yet untranslated JDM wiring diagram, the KZJ78 never had a fuse in the 'Glow' position. Not sure why it was there in the first place, because it doesn't look like the 1HZ/1PZ powered cruisers had it either. Normally the power for the glow plug system has a dedicated fusible link rather than a fuse, because it draws a lot of power.
Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 2.27.31 PM.png

Does it absolutely need the fuse for the glowplugs to get power? I’ll try to see if I can test if they work sometime but I’m not sure why it would be gone

I think if the glow plugs were not working, you would be getting hard starting. Like 30+ seconds on the starter from a cold start.
You should get some clicking from the relay as its activated or deactivated.
But I think AirheadNut could be right. Probably wouldn't hurt to put a 7.5a fuse in there and see what happens

This is a video on testing plugs, its an easy job for beginners

You can attach a test lamp to the busbar and the other end to the body. Its a copper strip that gives current to glowplugs .
It will only come on during the glow period . The glow period may continue after the engine starts at a lower voltage, the 1HZs do this and the 1KZ are very similar.

From what I can tell in the as-yet untranslated JDM wiring diagram, the KZJ78 never had a fuse in the 'Glow' position. Not sure why it was there in the first place, because it doesn't look like the 1HZ/1PZ powered cruisers had it either. Normally the power for the glow plug system has a dedicated fusible link rather than a fuse, because it draws a lot of power.
View attachment 2481709

Good to know. Truck starts fine and quick so I think you’re right! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom