glass part number (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Roastchestnuts

TLCA #28675 Salt wagon Fj40
Threads
whats the part number for the front windshield for a kzj78? is this the correct one 56111-60220.

Just a curious question in case I have to replace my front windshield at some point. I have a couple of small rock strikes that probably can be fixed.

That is correct part number. It works for fixed roof 70 series.

Ordered the same awhile ago for my HZJ77 and worked just fine. If you get from a local dealer...inspect it before you leave with it....otherwise you might end up with expensive broken glass. Ask me how I know....... I ended up getting a new windshield from partsouq, packed in a wooden crate for less cost (even with shipping included) than what the dealer charged me for the first one that was broken.

Make sure you get the correct windshield rubber depending if you want to re-use the chrome bits or not. I would not reuse the original rubber but it is your choice.

56121-60120 is the rubber without the chrome insert.

56121-60130 is the rubber for the chrome inserts.

Last edited:

Ordered the same awhile ago for my HZJ77 and worked just fine. If you get from a local dealer...inspect it before you leave with it....otherwise you might end up with expensive broken glass. Ask me how I know....... I ended up getting a new windshield from partsouq, packed in a wooden crate for less cost (even with shipping included) than what the dealer charged me for the first one that was broken.

Make sure you get the correct windshield rubber depending if you want to re-use the chrome bits or not. I would not reuse the original rubber but it is your choice.

Thanks for the speedy reply! I am just happy I can get the glass in the USA. I think I can have a windshield guy repair the small rock chips. but just in case I know I can buy another.

Thanks for the speedy reply! I am just happy I can get the glass in the USA. I think I can have a windshield guy repair the small rock chips. but just in case I know I can buy another.
If you like the chrome trim around the windshield then I would just try to repair the chips to avoid removing the windshield.

I am told it is very difficult to reinstall the chrome into the rubber.

I'm bringing this thread BTTT... Thanks @FJ73Texas for the clarification.

I was just inspecting the brand new windshield that came with my truck a few years ago, before I FINALLY bring it somewhere this week for install. The glass is still in the box, and a careful inspection reveals it is fully intact. But I got a bit of a fright when I saw the weatherstrip. The previous owner, in addition to windshield 56111-60220, bought the weatherstrip as well, p/n 56121-60120. It wasn't matching with what my research said should be 601*3*0. If I'm reading you correctly, I can use this gasket instead and the installer simply pulls the old one, and leaves out the chrome inserts when installing new glass/weatherstrip? I don't need anything else, and end up with a stealthier windshield? :cool:

Correct. In my opinion, without chrome inserts looks better too. You can’t use the chrome inserts on 60120 anyways because it is missing the grooves that 60130 has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom