G'day, Follow our journey in the Troopy from Aus --> UK (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.thewayoverland.com
G'day,

We've recently completed a conversion on our '07 HDJ78R Troopy into a full camper. We've just done a loop trip around the South Coast of WA, (including Telegraph and Holland Track for those of you in Oz), as a test before heading off from Perth in June to travel overland to, at this stage, the UK and maybe further.

I've thrown up some pics of our new home and the conversion below as from doing all the research for the fit out people generally have questions.

We're planning on taking about 2 years and will be blogging/vlogging throughout the trip so feel free to check out our socials:
Happy Easter!

Cheers,

Mark

16110464_1633514226945529_7844295636252884992_n.jpg

17438213_1815289152068246_6890966407261978624_n.jpg

17494930_624677167721777_5061654937277038592_n.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the south coast of WA as much as I do. If you go on the beach make sure you get all the sand out of the cavity at the rear of the rear wheel arch, its a rust breeder. You can find it with your hand once you know where it is. Watch out for spiders and stuff.:doh:

Hope you enjoyed the south coast of WA as much as I do. If you go on the beach make sure you get all the sand out of the cavity at the rear of the rear wheel arch, its a rust breeder. You can find it with your hand once you know where it is. Watch out for spiders and stuff.:doh:

The trip was great, with the salmon running it was more so the sharks we were worried about! And yes, we spent about $75 at the Kenwick car wash (joys of apartment living) cleaning the underside, think we brought half of the beach and bog holes home!

What route you got planned back to UK?
Darwin - Timor - Indonesia - Sumatra - Malaysia - Thailand - Cambodia - Laos - Myanmar - Bangladesh - India - Pakistan - Taj/Uz/Turk - Iran - Turkey then up through Europe. I wouldn't mind spending a bit of time on the Adriatic then up to the Baltic. We'll just see what time of year it is and how the funds are looking. We've both lived in Europe so we're pretty flexible there....

Wow, cool trip. are your vlogs on youtube?
My wife and i are trying to vlog our trip as well and I'm always looking for more inspiration on cool overlanding edits.

We've just uploaded our first video, it's a pre trip run down of the interior fit out.

We're aiming to post weekly video updates once on the road (only three days from now)

I watched a few of your vids, looking good! I drove from NY to Panama a few years ago; great trip, hope you guys are enjoying it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom