Gauge Fuse - IMPORTANT! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I'm back in my 100 series, as my wife took my daughter and headed to the mountains in my 200 series LX:cheers:. This last week, I was troubleshooting the wiring on a small two-wheel trailer and accidently shorted 12V to ground....:doh:

This took out my Gauge Fuse, located in the driver's side kick panel (15A mini fuse). It indeed took out all of my dash gauges, plus the controls to my AC, plus access to my mutli-display (GPS deadweight with touchscreen).:bang:

I did not think anything of it and drove the truck to work yesterday. WHAT I DID NOT KNOW :hmm: was that this same fuse took out the functionality of my alternator! With that said, I found myself on the side of the road, with a truck that would not accellerate, and finally, would not run. :bang: Yep, I ran the battery all of the way down!.

My son was home (he leaves tomorrow), so I was lucky enough to be able to call him, have him grab my recovery bag from the back of the 80 series at home in the garage, drive over and tow me home. :D

For a sum total of $3.50, plus tax at O'Reily's, I now have 5 new fuses. I popped one of those in; jumped the truck battery, and "wham, bam, why thank you Ma'am!" I was back up and running.

I wanted to post this story to help anyone who finds themselves without their alternator functioning... check your Gauge Fuse. It could be that simple! :wrench:

Have a great 100 day! :steer:

Jonathan

I had an identical experience last summer! I was troubleshooting wiring back there and found a loose red wire near a post, so like an idiot I grounded it. Lol good times.

and I am also a Jonathan....

I'm on the same boat with my 100.... I have a dash cam plugged in my cigarette lighter which was not working all of a sudden. I moved the power plug for dash cam in the cigarette lighter and now I have no power on my dash gauges, no radio, no AC, no wipers, no power windows. I've checked all the ACC fuses in the kick panel and under the hood.

Not sure what else to look for, or where to look. Can anyone guide me where to look or what to look for?

I'm on the same boat with my 100.... I have a dash cam plugged in my cigarette lighter which was not working all of a sudden. I moved the power plug for dash cam in the cigarette lighter and now I have no power on my dash gauges, no radio, no AC, no wipers, no power windows. I've checked all the ACC fuses in the kick panel and under the hood.

Not sure what else to look for, or where to look. Can anyone guide me where to look or what to look for?

Replace the 15 amp fuse labled gauge . Sometimes it goes out without actually looking like it.

Number 26. Just buy a box of different rated fuses and keep them in your truck

Toyota-land-cruiser-fuse-box-left-side-kick-panel-2000.jpg

Replace the 15 amp fuse labled gauge . Sometimes it goes out without actually looking like it.

Number 26. Just buy a box of different rated fuses and keep them in your truck

View attachment 1881295

Thank you for the reference. My issue was actuall one of the fuses underneath the hood. Replaced it and now good to go.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom