Gas smell, tank pressure, aux tank issues... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sure, same charcoal canister shows up for both LHD and RHD... 77740-60400

208d624b889b61c9b5917e778b5c1501.png

Also, interesting, the cap is available separately (PN77758-60010). Can I easily unscrew/remove the cap and replace the charcoal? :meh:

fittingsPicDis.aspx

This charcoal canister shows up as $204/delivered to the US @

7774060400 Toyota CANISTER ASSY, 173.95$ - PartSouq - Auto Parts Around the World

The existing mounting bracket may or may not fit. But it looks similar, from the pics. If anybody actually tries this replacement canister, please report back.

Edit: But also noticed the US canister has a couple sensors on it... which could pose a problem.

The finished product should look something like this....

100C221001E.jpg

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread but I have a similar problem......strong gas smell inside the cabin and outside the vehicle. I have a 100 series from Japan. Has anyone replaced the charcoal canister? If so, did it solve your problem? I really need to get this fixed because it’s starting to give me literal headaches when I’m driving. I have a stock sub tank.....

hey guys mine is Left hand drive General/Euro LC100 with factory subtank. i bought the car a few months ago and when its hot outside and IF i fill the main tank full i get extremely strong smell of petrol somewhere near the drivers side rear seat. i know for fact fuel pump housing is ok and tank cap is not pressurised when i open it and no smell of petrol near that area nor in the engine bay. seems like coming from the main tank location but i have looked it underneath checked some lines and no sign of fuel escaping. can anyone show me a diagram?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom