Gas Seeping (Spewing) Out From Fuel Filler Neck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^^
It will reduce the smell of gas vapors that are always evaporating out of the tank.

If the check valve is functioning properly, it will actually stop the evaporation of gas from the tank by maintaining a slight pressure.

If the check valve is functioning it will prevent moist air (humidity) from being drawn into the tank.

I opened my CC dumped it out and cleaned and refilled it with aquarium filter carbon. jb weld top back on and bobs your uncle. well, I got an uncle Bob, anyway...YMMV...HTH...

I opened my CC dumped it out and cleaned and refilled it with aquarium filter carbon. jb weld top back on and bobs your uncle. well, I got an uncle Bob, anyway...YMMV...HTH...

is that what is basically in a stock CC?

@LAMBCRUSHER Ok dude you really need to show us where you ended up cutting to open it up!!!

@LAMBCRUSHER Ok dude you really need to show us where you ended up cutting to open it up!!!

I'll see if I can find the pics...I took a cut-off wheel to the bottom half of the rolled lip, carefully pried up the top from the base with a flat head screw driver- slowly so the guts don't spill out. set metal and fiber discs aside, clean cover and blew thru the check valves, dump carbon, fill carbon, tap cover back down with a deadblow hammer, rolling what is left of lip over the edge of the base with a soft faced leather mallet and cover bead w/ JB weld...paint and done. next time I'll put the jb weld between the cover and base lips while tapping the cover home...I looked at buying an old can seamer and rolling a new lip, but that's not going to happen...I think the fix I've got will hold up- it has been done before; if you go deep enough into the hole of Charcoal CAnister replacement threads, you will find it...

it took a half gallon size of aquarium carbon- about 16 bux. mark the canister BEFORE dumping the factory fill- I had to guesstimate where it was filled to(almost all the way up)...a 30-40 dollar Autozone special is a viable candidate for the effort involved- not sure if those are still readily available. Me? I just like extra work...

it took a half gallon size of aquarium carbon- about 16 bux. mark the canister BEFORE dumping the factory fill- I had to guesstimate where it was filled to(almost all the way up)...a 30-40 dollar Autozone special is a viable candidate for the effort involved- not sure if those are still readily available. Me? I just like extra work...

pics would be appreciated. I think this could be a viable solution, especially for those of use concerned with the smog police here in CA. But FWIW, my 80 passed with an autozone CC. I am guessing the smog guy is not going to be able to tell if the CC is original or not.

my assumption is that the devices need to "look" like a factory part; but that no one is looking THAT close...

good SOP.^^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom