GaiaGPS beta testing CarPlay

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor

FYI - I just got my invitation to help beta test GaiaGPS for Carplay. Loaded it today and it seems to be working relatively well.

I love Gaia, and am super happy with this turn of events. I will post back more here and I encourage anyone else beta testing to do the same.

Last edited:

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
SILVER Star
That's awesome!!! Loved it the couple times I have used it out on the trail and pay the $19/yr for the membership to get things updated.

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor

Been using it for a few days now, and it is definitely lacking, but I am optimistic for sure. Hopefully, Gaia will get those sorted, but so far so good, but at this point, don't get a new stereo simply for Gaia. That is, unless lots of progress is made prior to its official CarPlay release. I find the real benefit to Gaia is prepping it prior to leaving home. Getting the maps, routes, etc. set up, that way you don't have to rely on cell signal. Kind of like we used to do it with real maps:) If you have all the data into the Gaia app prior to your trip, it works extremely well and you will find yourself never wanting more.

More to come.

Top Bottom