Fzj80 Obd2 Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I made an account just for this.
My engine has had the P0401 code for awhile. not really a big deal, it has run fine. Recently it has kicked back the P0335 (crankshaft position sensor), P0340 (camshaft position sensor), and P0385 (crankshaft position sensor another one?). I don't know what to do from here. I've never had any problems with this car, but it recently started having trouble starting. Any advice on what to do would be a huge help!
Thank you!

Welcome :flipoff2: to the Mud.

No idea on crankshaft sensors but the EGR is easy. It usually is, replace: modulator, VSV, and blow out all the vacuum lines to get any carbon or degraded modulator diapharm from the vacuum system. You will need to remove the intake plenum to get to the VSV. May as well clean the egr system while you have plenum off.

Welcome :flipoff2: to the Mud.

No idea on crankshaft sensors but the EGR is easy. It usually is, replace: modulator, VSV, and blow out all the vacuum lines to get any carbon or degraded modulator diapharm from the vacuum system. You will need to remove the intake plenum to get to the VSV. May as well clean the egr system while you have plenum off.
That sounds easy enough, Thanks!
Although, does it really do anything to the performance?

I have run with and without it hooked up (its not now) and no change in anything unless you have emission testing.

I have run with and without it hooked up (its not now) and no change in anything unless you have emission testing.
Unfortunately since I'm in Nevada I have to get it smogged every year. I just clear the codes before I go have it tested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom