Fwed's 25/28's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi I have found here in Aus that most cab chassis are Fj25 lengthened 450 mm or 18". The only difference between 28 25 is extra bit of chassis behind rear spring hanger on28 and bigger dia shackle pins.

Fred,

Mine has been lengthened. Not sure where on the chasis but it is now 2800mm axle to axle. I believe the correct length was 2285mm? so 525mm lenghten.

Cheers Dobster

Hi Fred, That looks great, mine is getting their, just finished putting the gear box & t case together. You can clearly see the extection in your chassis near the battrie holder. The wheel base on mine is 3350, about 620 longer than yours, its even longer than my 97 hzj75. Keep that good work up. Cheers Ian.
chassfull.jpg
chassisrearr.jpg

Hi ian I see you are procedeing I have a couple of spare chassis if you wish to start afresh.
Cheers Fred

Wow nice job! I never really look in this seciotn of MUD, I will have to start, very cool, and very interesting!

Hi there Does anyone know where I can purchase new shackle pins & plates for FJ25. Also lower thermostat housing new.

Cheers Fred

What’s the full designation of these models? They’re not like the FJ25LV (left hand drive) here in the states, are they FJ25RP (right hand drive) similar to the P designation for the FJ45 pickup (FJ45LP)?

Hi This is how they came to Australia . In the early 60s any vehicle that was imported had to have a certain amount of Australian content. So the cab roof & doors were made here in Aus. That is why they are unique. My vehicle being a cab chassis was lengthened 450mm (18") which made wheelbase 108". They were only classed as FJ25/FJ28
FB_IMG_1589014908493.jpg
20220620_160316.jpg

Appreciate the answer, that explains a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom