Fwed's 25/28's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
#104 for the collection

Hi here is my project (one of a few i have... will post pics later)
chassis# 0 FJ25 21618 Engine # F125462
fj252.jpg
fj254.jpg
fj255.jpg

Hi Thanks Destin.

I dont have a thread as yet... still trying to work it all out... i'm having trouble putting up some more pics as i have used up all my pic space

#105 FJ28

Here is one of my other projects FJ28

Chassis# 0 FJ28 20558 Eng# F124608

IMG_4391.jpg

IMG_4395.jpg

#106 FJ25

Here is another one for the collection....

Chassis# 0 FJ25 20013

only photo i have at present

IMG_4394.jpg

Hi Thanks Destin.

I dont have a thread as yet... still trying to work it all out... i'm having trouble putting up some more pics as i have used up all my pic space

very cool man :)

you can buy a silver star here:

IH8MUD.com - Announcements in Forum : Toyota Tech Forums

It allows you to upload unlimited photos on mud.
Or alternately you can start a flickr account :)

Would love to see more of the photos or the restoration and your other rigs.

Great stuff man!

:D

I noticed that the first 28 has a FJ25 frame number and the frame has definately been stretched. Is this the same way the frame is done on the other 28? Just curious if it was done later or if it was original.

Very neat to see all these survivors, especially those that were obviously worked so hard. :D

Hi I have found here in Aus that most cab chassis are Fj25 lengthened 450 mm or 18". The only difference between 28 25 is extra bit of chassis behind rear spring hanger on28 and bigger dia shackle pins.

I have to check the length of mine - but I believe Aussie25 has the same issue with 2 extra lengths added. I'll post the measurements axle to axle, here when I have them.

Cheers Dobster

Hi Dobster I believe you will find your 25 will have been lengthened 18" to make a wheelbase of 108". My Fj 28 has been lengthened the same also just recently I saw a Fj45 1970 model tray back lengthened the same done by toyota from new. Fred.

IMG_7752.jpg

IMG_7749.jpg

IMG_7754.jpg

IMG_7757.jpg

IMG_7758.jpg

Here are a few photo's of my madness as you can see every nut bolt and washer is sand blasted, etch primed and painted. even individual spring leaves.

Before i started i built my own sand blaster powered by a 6cyl holden motor

I thought i was the only fool in the world doing a 25...

:cheers: Fred

Fred, very nice! How long have you been at it?

It's nice to see those parts in someone else's garage. :)

Hi Jim I started this one in Oct 1994 the one before was too bad so I have it in parts. I keep getting distracted to other projects but now I know other guys in the world have this addiction I will keep chipping away. Cheers Fred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom