Funky Chicken is back with a vengeance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright. I had this issue once before on my 86 BJ60 - 3B, And i solved it by cleaning the ground between my frame and bell housing. However, now my EDIC keeps cycling to stop for a split second and then back to run. At idle with no accessories on, it seems to happen rarely. It persists more when accessories such as lights , heater etc are on and especially when its wet outside. The problem seems to slow down when I add an extra ground via jumper cables from the neg side of my battery to the body.

So far I have:
Cleaned all grounds, (intake mani, batt to engine, batt to engine mount, frame to bell housing)
Tested alternator w/ multimeter to see if it has the right amount of output - 14V at idle
Replaced oil pressure sending unit (the one that sends a signal to the gauge)
Cleaned contacts on the other oil sensor
Tightened preload tensioner on EDIC motor

And still no fix. If I unplug my FCR, the problem stops. But I have to manually shut down my engine. I don't want to resort to installing a shut off cable just yet.

Any more ideas??

Check your relay using the FSM procedure, it could also be the contacts inside the motor itself are covered in grease or are worn out here is a video detailing this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom