Fully Built FJ40 (Gertrude) but in NZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD.

Health reasons force me to sell Gertrude. All deatails in my ROTW thread. I'm looking for around NZ$13500 (currently around US$8000)

Don't know about shipping but there seem to be a lot coming in from Australia at present so it could be a viable option for someone who wants a good sound truck with everything done - and that's a bit different to your typical US truck.

Price includes a lot of parts - am happy to discuss keeping these and reducing price.

Thanks for looking.

4.3 litre fully built 2F motor, polished, ported, balanced, pulls 7500rpm, 10:1 compression, cam, extractors, modified oiling sytem, HEI dissy, mallory coil. Dyno'd at 218hp at rear wheels.

Internal snorkel

Dual fuel - LPG/petrol

Front and rear diff locks - rear ARB, front Howat ball bearing locker

F/f rear diff. Front diff widened 150mm

Full bars

Modified suspension, lift, body lift.

PTO winch, centre mounted, can pull from front or rear - suspect rating at around 18,000 lbs. Both winch and pto have been modifed. Winch was fully rebuit approx 2004. Near new 70m winch cable (9mm)

4.88 diff gears

Trucked body, all alloy rear panelwork incl storage area

Air operated rear fiddles

5 x Bead locks with 37x12.5x16 Maxxis Creepy Crawlers approx 1/2 worn

4 wheel discs, full cage (tested), power steering, on board air (+ electric backup)

Longfields

For more details see the ROTW thread :)

Comes with extensive spares package including 2 x longfields, 2 x alternators, starter, spare diff gears (all these parts brand new), parts motor, g/box, t/case. Chromoly rear axles (new - havnt got around to fitting them yet), spare HEI dissy
(happy to discuss price reduction with successful bidder if spares not required...)

Problems I know about:
-Oil leak r/f axle seal (have new h/d seal which should fix it)
-Motor not reving as it should - suspect it's the LPG reg (had to replace it since when it ran better) - think it's under fuelling under high load. Have air/fuel guage and sender (included but not fitted) which should prove this...
-dog clutch on winch wont disengage - I just spool it out in reverse - have planned design change to fix this
- front springs could probably use a reset

truck also comes with hi-lift, strops, snatch blocks, tree protector, hand winch etc... Two fire extinguishers - well mounted - 1 x 1kg, 1 x 2kg. Extensive instrumentation including memory tach, oil temp, air/fuel etc. Suspension has been highly modified with custom springs allowing extreme articulation. (see pics) Wheelbase has been extended. Pinion angle of front diff has been changed to prevent ujoint binding at pinion. Has greasable shackles.

check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTz2FAgT81Q 6500rpm in second...

Last edited:
A tragic loss for all Cruiser heads :(

I first found Andrews thread about 6 weeks ago and read his whole story of Gertrude's transformation...and wow, what a mechanical ability this guy had, and straight forward ingenuity. Seemed like the type of guy to go out of his way to help a guy out. Then about a week later I wanted to look up more of his great insight a found out that the poor guy has since died. I am, to be honest...a bit selfish with my feeling of loss since I was looking forward to sitting at the masters feet and learning from his teachings. I am sure Andrew will be missed by many, and we should count it to our fortune to have had him with us and learned from him.

Hi Guys
I'm Faith, Andrews wife.
I've been blown away by the comments from this forum. Andrew is, or rather was, a very quiet chap. He kept to himself a lot and few people knew him very well. I knew he was helping folk out with your conversions, but didn't realise how many. It does explain the frantic tapping from the office and the many late nights online. No worries, he was happy to share and I was happy cos he was. He'd be very embarrrassed by the praise from various places, Helping was in his nature and he couldnt have not done it if he tried.

At Andrews funeral, one of his local 4wd mates read out some of the postings from here and some other forii. They had his family in tears and made me very proud indeed to be his life partner. So many people did not realise what a clever bugger he was.

To fill you in if anyone is interested. Andrew was not a Kiwi, he was English by birth. He started his working life as a database programmer. Very good at it too. This eventually got chucked in to follow his true love of being a petrol head. He's been working as a mobile mechanic for 16 years. Outside in all weathers, in his shorts, fixing cars on the side of the road, in parking lots or wherever they happend to be. On top of this he was a talented singer and played the guitar and sax. He was an avid collecter, among other things of fire engines ( big ones, real working ones...17 all up ). He raced home made cars in his early years, without any sucess but he had fun. He travelled all over the world South America, Europe and parts of Asia. We had hoped to go back to Britain but was not to be.

So many things he crammed into his 46 years. and such an undignified way to go.

As someone said at the funeral tho " He was a good bastard "

Blessings to you all, and thanks so much for keeping his memory alive.

Very sad news indeed.

He will be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom