Full width toyota axle? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

69.25" Same as a GM Dana 60, however the pumpkin center line offset is the same as a 40.
We might be building another full width for a different customer pretty soon, and it will see some serious destructive testing...

Evan saw in another thread that you got a new 40?

Thanks. I will probably end up going 1 ton, but I, like many, have dumped a bunch of coin into LC axles and this may be a way to gain some more stability.

And yes, I added a second 40 to the fleet. I should have completed one before I bought another:rolleyes:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-t...74141-1977-fully-built-fj40-39s-boise-id.html

I need to get your guy's input on the rear suspension based on the re-work you did on Meanie. That thing is looking....MEAN! Good work.

I think its time to show some photos of the completed rig! Moab was atleast a week ago!

I've been patiently waiting for some to pop up over on Rising Sun. Anxious to see what you guys did.

I think its time to show some photos of the completed rig! Moab was atleast a week ago!

so the front was 69" and the rear was only 62" (FJ80 right?)

We will have photos up soon, we are trying to get the rig in print first though. Rear is an FJ80 FF with 1.5" wheel spacers. Front was 69.25" rear meassured to 66"...

Thanks. I will probably end up going 1 ton, but I, like many, have dumped a bunch of coin into LC axles and this may be a way to gain some more stability.

And yes, I added a second 40 to the fleet. I should have completed one before I bought another:rolleyes:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-t...74141-1977-fully-built-fj40-39s-boise-id.html

I need to get your guy's input on the rear suspension based on the re-work you did on Meanie. That thing is looking....MEAN! Good work.

I've been patiently waiting for some to pop up over on Rising Sun. Anxious to see what you guys did.

Right on pictures will be out soon, looks like you picked up a sweet 40. Call down to the shop and we can help you out with the rear suspension.

It has (mostly) We can build a 9.5 3rd member for 32 spline axles in 4.10 4.30 or 4.88 with parts off our shelf.

The pinion is not 32 spline yet. But perhaps on the next batch. You have to remember the aftermarket can only catch up if the demand is there.

Hopefully someday the aftermarket will catch up with toyota's newer stuffl, like the 200's and tundra's 1.37" 32 spline axles, and bigger pinion.

9.5piion.jpg

From bjowett's thread: https://forum.ih8mud.com/hardcore-corner/321670-hd-9-5-differential.html

It has (mostly) We can build a 9.5 3rd member for 32 spline axles in 4.10 4.30 or 4.88 with parts off our shelf.

The pinion is not 32 spline yet. But perhaps on the next batch. You have to remember the aftermarket can only catch up if the demand is there.

I would be interested in trying one of those uzj thirds in my diamonds, however I need 5.29's with 40's. Being able to add a thrust block would be amazing, not to mention 32 spline...

I've been digging in the dusty archives A bit. ;) Boing do you have any thoughts or comments about this approach now that some time has passed?

Mark...

Its something we did for a customer in 2011, if you can do the work for yourself why not (your time is free right)...

Just my opinion, and only in the light of this being the "Hardcore" section, many use cases outside of that...

Having said that 1 ton axles are so much cheaper and significantly stronger in factory form, every aspect of a toyota axle must be upgraded to handle abuse albeit at a much much lower level...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom