Fuel tank light and windscreen wipers issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think these are unrelated atm as the fuel tank light has been on since I purchased the car in January
The fuel tank light is lit and won’t transfer fuel from the sub to main. Both sets of fuel gauges are working through full range. Tried operation on various main and sub tank levels from 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and full, the tank light does not go out and the “sub”transfer button light does not stay lit for more than 2 seconds. Tested and bridged both the transfer pump and solenoid they work fine. I Have currently bridged straight to the solenoid and pump through a switch and fuse so I can use the tank but would prefer to get it working properly for the overfill safety factor. I did find the electronic fuel relay in the rear panel next to the tank fill point and also found a spare , ( I’m guessing this has been an ongoing issue for the old girl ) I have searched the net but can’t seem to find much info on operation. Spoke to a few auto electricians but not much help. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

The wipers are a frustrating issue that has just happend, since we had the carpets professional cleaned. They turn on by themselves and don’t turn of until I flick the wiper switch and turn off the ignition. I am hoping it will come good but it’s been 2 days since carpet clean so am not sure what’s going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom