Fuel line replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SHERMAN FJ62

Charlestons' King of Cruisers
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Threads
267
Messages
1,810
Location
charleston
This is probably a thread that has been posted before but what have people done in the past to replace the fuel lines that run along the frame. My hard lines are looking a little ruff and I guess I may have a shop put in some new hard lines since it is hard to get steel lines that long from the autoparts store.
 
You can buy a roll of steel, aluminum, or stainless fuel lines from Summit or Jegs. They come in 25' lengths, so the should be plenty long.
 
I rehabbed all of my lines.
They are NLA from Toyota and would be an MFer to ship if you found good replacements I would imagine.
I pulled them all off, plugged them, then cleaned and sanded them down. I primed and spray painted them with several coats.
Good as new.

I'll post some pics when I get home.
 
DSCN5677-vi.jpg


DSCN5682-vi.jpg


DSCN5684-vi.jpg


DSCN5685-vi.jpg


DSCN5853-vi.jpg


DSCN5854-vi.jpg
 
I second the idea of buying a roll and a tube bender and making your own. My brake line rusted out, so that's what I had to do. It's not all that tough, provided that you don't rush it and crimp a line.
 
Back
Top Bottom