Front vs Rear ports on master cylinder? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So if we delete ABS, should we be installing a non-ABS MC and reversing the front/rear ports?
EDIT: If you install the ABS MC then it looks like the ports need to be reversed, I wouldn't bother at this point doing either.

Do you feel the braking power is inadequate and bias is off? I wouldn't until we find the bore size difference between the two. And honestly with how mine performs I wouldn't waste my time. Plenty of power and bias doesn't have me worried at all.

Do you feel the braking power is inadequate and bias is off? I wouldn't until we find the bore size difference between the two. And honestly with how mine performs I wouldn't waste my time. Plenty of power and bias doesn't have me worried at all.

I'm chasing down the infamous mushy pedal so working on updating a few things. Last year I installed a new Aisin/Advics MC which didn't help at all. I wouldn't say I have a brake bias issue, but was just curious if the lines needed to be changed. I don't think that's the case since several people say their brakes are great after ABS delete. Mine worked well for some time but have slowly deteriorated so I think I have other issues going on.

I'm chasing down the infamous mushy pedal so working on updating a few things. Last year I installed a new Aisin/Advics MC which didn't help at all. I wouldn't say I have a brake bias issue, but was just curious if the lines needed to be changed. I don't think that's the case since several people say their brakes are great after ABS delete. Mine worked well for some time but have slowly deteriorated so I think I have other issues going on.
A new break booster fixed my mushy pedal ;)

Gotcha. I would also look into the booster, or tear into the MC and check the seals if you feel frisky. I did the whole ABS/LSPV delete, and when my wife hopped in and drove it to work one day she called and commented 'there is something funny, the brakes feel way better than before. Did you do anything?!"

How are the wheel bearings?
A new break booster fixed my mushy pedal ;)
What else was done while you did the booster?

Wheel bearings are fine, first thing I checked.

I'm starting to suspect the booster. I know the classic symptoms of a failed booster are a very hard pedal but I think there's more to the story. Many people say brakes work great after replacing the booster so I think the booster is the culprit more often than we want to admit.

Nothing, still running the same rotors calipers and pads that were on the rig when I bought it in 2015,🤷‍♂️

80s with ABS = front brake line goes to the port closest to booster.
80s without ABS = front brake line goes to the port away from the booster.

to delete ABS, I would recommend using a non ABS master cylinder with front line connected to port away from the booster.
deleting LSPV will always make rears lock first, you'll need some kind of proportioning valve to avoid that. I have used wilwoods with great success OR you can use a fixed proportioning valve from a Hilux

I have also used Nissan Patrol 1 inch master cylinders intended for front/rear discs NON ABS with great success. We get them cheaper here so thats a plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom