Front Refresh - Things to do while diff is out. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
looks like I can also cancel the corkscrew order I was planning! Is that an official Harrop corkscrew?

Zuk must have thrown that in. LOL..

Yesterday I installed the front diff. I need to work on routing the wiring and the front diff breather hose. The rest of this job will go fast now.

1593272149506.png

1593272210362.png

nice bling no one will ever see!!! How’d you polish that?

Yep. I thought it may be more visible when I started.

I used a Dremel tool carbon steel brush and steel wool. Then sprayed it with clear wheel gloss to keep the aluminum from oxydizing.

1593273193867.png

1593273294364.png

Ha, not to totally derail the thread but after admittedly very little research I just came to the opposite conclusion about lockers— Sounds like there are a lot of situations in which having only the front locked is good, and I was thinking I could set that switch up backwards and change the first R to an F...so it’d be FR and FR RR...but, yeah no need to cross this bridge now as I’ve only got one locker on the horizon....

You’re much more likely to grenade something in the front diff with a locker as compared to the rear. You’re also much more likely to grenade steering components with a front locker.

Id be very selective where I used the front locker. I would not hesitate to beat on the rear - locked. Certainly there will be occasions where locked F unlocked R could be an advantage but Id suggest that you rely more on the rear.

hope none break on you. i try to learn from other people's experiences when i can. there have been several reports of broken SPC UCAs and those individuals were met with indifference from customer service and absolutely no warranty of parts. their product is kinda cool in that you can adjust it but I'll go with a different manufacturer that stands behind their product.
If you're referring to the issue that happened to a member on mud, that's not all there is to the story. Anyone can search if they would like.

I've never had bad customer service from them, much like @JunkCrzr89

This place is like a sewing circle sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom