front doors trade anyone?

could I interest anyone in trading a set of '63-'74 front doors in very good to excellent shape for a set of bug catcher doors with weather stripping kit in excellent shape? all my 40's are soft top, I'm needing a pair of doors for my '65 FJ45

-Sean

Sean bug catcher windows went in 65. My 65 pickup is sore of a bastard in that it doesn't have bug catcher vent windows but it still have the vent in the bottom of the windshield frame. The doors are a very tight fit in the front at the top. Starting with the later tops the windshield angled in a little at the top. I know you have both style windshield, compare the two and you will see what I mean. It will work but like I said it's a tight fit in the front. My long term plan is to replace the cowl with one from a 78 along with a late model windshield. I plan to install the four plate across the top so I can keep the four latches. The interesting part will be how the top pieces above the door match up to the narrower windshield. Curious though I remember my 45 has the later style piece above the door. Sean which does your FJ45 have? I guess I need to do a little more research in my old micro-fiche to see if that part changed during the corrugated top run:hmm: All my early tops have a 62 or earlier production date:meh:

I'll have to install them on the cab and see how they line up. I bought these from Tim over 8 years ago simply because they were in such good shape. I've never owned a corrugated top, which is what I always thought they mated with specifically. :meh:

thanks John, I'll check them out.

I do believe the bug catcher door were a little taller and the piece of the top above the doors wasn't much more than a L shape, while the later ones were a two piece setup. Just curious what is attached to the roof now.

John does your '65 have the vent below the passenger apron and the opening in the firewall for a heater?

No my 65 FJ45LP-B and the 65 FJ45LV were both non-heater models. Over the years I picked up the piece off the cowl to piece in mine if I wanted and the correct 65 outdoor air vent cover that runs at a angle instead of straight across.

Dusty 66

Ball & Claw Club
I know Brian on MUD Vegas702 has a set of early bug catcher with the flat top I saw them they were in greet shape, he was looking for some later or soft top doors at one time you may want PM him

Sorry to interrupt- So are there no bug catcher doors that fit with later windshield frames/tops?

Pete

pardion

SILVER Star
could I interest anyone in trading a set of '63-'74 front doors in very good to excellent shape for a set of bug catcher doors with weather stripping kit in excellent shape? all my 40's are soft top, I'm needing a pair of doors for my '65 FJ45

-Sean
Sean, I have a good set of bugcatcher doors 1965, and there was room in your truck for them. John

Maybe Mr. Pardion can shed some light on what was what in 65 with the switch from bug catcher vent windows to the later style vent windows. Plus how this all happened with windshield with the vent in the bottom to the one without. The corrugated top with the simpe L piece over the doors to the later two piece style. All this happend around 65. Did all removeable top FJ45 have the later style piece above the doors? Or did the 64s and some 65s have the simple L piece? At some point I'm going to have to figure some of this out. Mainly how will the top cap line up with a late model windshield? Will the late model over the door pieces line up with the top when bolted to a narrower late model windshield which is narrower than the bottom vent type I have now? Question I've never really found answered. My 65 pickup with later vent vent windows is not really a good fit with bottom vent windows. Headed up north this weekend. I try and get some pictures that will explain what I'm talking about. Would really like to resolve any problems a head of time.

whitey45

SILVER Star
I have had a lot of 45s and I have only seen the simple door top on fixed cabs,63,64, all my lwb trucks,64 and up have had the top door flange,and all my 64 thru 65 and even 66 had bugcatcher doors.The fixed top doors are a little taller,about an inch.I recently tried to put the fixed top doors bugcatcher weatherstrip,in the later removable top bug doors and they are indeed too tall. Also 65 was a crazy transition for landcruisers,so you could end up with many different combinations,no vent windshield,with bugs,or vice versa,and these were titled too early or late,and I believe at the end of 66 toyota was assembling trucks with what ever was left from previous years,so it stays interesting to figure out these old trucks.Then there is the heaters,all of my lwb trucks have had them,but some didnt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom